PDA

View Full Version : New Aerial Photographer

gcam
1-Feb-2011, 11:06
Well,not new at aerial photography.
Anyway,I joined this forum because I was directed here from Google when I was looking for a large format scanner bulb.
I got some really good info and saved about $400 a bulb.:)

We were paying $500 a bulb and just ordered the very same bulbs for $80.

We have several businesses in the Gulf South regions of the US.
We have 2 airplanes both of which are using Leica RC30 film cameras and a Nikon D3 for our oblique shots.
We still do in house processing for our B&W film but use HAS for our color processing.
We use Epson Stylus pro 11880 large format printers for our photos.
Just wanted to introduce myself and thank the administrators for a very cool website.

Vick Vickery
1-Feb-2011, 13:40
Welcome to group therepy! :) Where are you down here in the great Gulf South?? Most of the aerial photography I've done has been with either a Minolta SRT 35mm or a Hasselblad, but I keep toying with building a fixed-focus hand-held 4x5 box camera just for the fun of it...no, I don't do enough aerial work to make it worthwhile, but it might be fun! Trouble is, the guy I used to get to take me up has quit flying due to heart trouble...now I'll have to pay somebody if I want to get aerial shots. Glad you got the help you needed.

bobwysiwyg
1-Feb-2011, 13:48
Well,not new at aerial photography.
Anyway,I joined this forum because I was directed here from Google when I was looking for a large format scanner bulb.
I got some really good info and saved about $400 a bulb.:)

We were paying $500 a bulb and just ordered the very same bulbs for $80.

We have several businesses in the Gulf South regions of the US.
We have 2 airplanes both of which are using Leica RC30 film cameras and a Nikon D3 for our oblique shots.
We still do in house processing for our B&W film but use HAS for our color processing.
We use Epson Stylus pro 11880 large format printers for our photos.
Just wanted to introduce myself and thank the administrators for a very cool website.

What exactly does a $500 light bulb look like? :) Welcome, by the way.

jp
1-Feb-2011, 20:19
Here's a $5500 light:

http://gmesupply.com/medium-intensity-l864-lighting-system-p-57622.html

It replaces 2 $15 600w bulbs which normally have to be changed at an expense of $1000 labor.

bobwysiwyg
2-Feb-2011, 09:45
Here's a $5500 light:

http://gmesupply.com/medium-intensity-l864-lighting-system-p-57622.html

It replaces 2 $15 600w bulbs which normally have to be changed at an expense of $1000 labor.

I think I would rather sit in the dark. :eek: :)

gcam
2-Feb-2011, 13:32
What exactly does a $500 light bulb look like? :) Welcome, by the way.

Haha,I know right.
Vexcel,the manufacturer of the Ultrascan 5000 scanner was charging us $500 for the FL15AD/70 bulbs.
We were told that we had to purchase the bulbs through them because the bulb was not being manufactured anymore.
For years we just went with it until the other day I decided to do some investigative work and here I am.
Thank You for the welcome guys.
I started out working in dark rooms,worming chems,processors,enlargements ETC.
This digital age sure is nice though.