PDA

View Full Version : cablr release sizes????????

ignatiusjk
30-Jan-2011, 20:45
I have a Fujinon 150mm lens and my cable release's are to big for this lens.What size cable release does this lens take?I have smaller cable release's and they fit fine but my "standard" sizes are to big.What are the mm sizes for cable releases?

Jim Jones
31-Jan-2011, 11:40
Sixty years ago the ASA standards listed two cable release threads. One is tapered14 degrees 20 minutes with a maximum thread diameter of .0156" and 50 threads per inch. The now rarely used straight threads are American Standard 5-44 NF-2 threads. The plunger in both types should extend at least 3/8 inch from the tip of the threads, which is insufficient for a few shutters. My source doesn't list metric equivalent, but if this is the information you need, you can easily convert it.

John Kasaian
31-Jan-2011, 21:14
I have a Fujinon 150mm lens and my cable release's are to big for this lens.What size cable release does this lens take?I have smaller cable release's and they fit fine but my "standard" sizes are to big.What are the mm sizes for cable releases?

I'm confused. Does you cabel release fit ito the lens? Or the shutter? Which shutter is your lens in?

cyberjunkie
8-Jan-2012, 20:37
I have a few vintage shutters which have a straight cable release thread (not with standard conical thread).
Any cheap online resource to buy a new cable release with straight thread?

have fun

CJ