PDA

View Full Version : props to my wife

jp
28-Jan-2011, 08:18
My wife is big into coupons, getting deals, thinking ahead, and shopping wisely when buying things for our fridge and family. That's partly why we have a chest freezer in the basement. She tends to gently complain about my recent two year supply of bags of yellow film boxes in the freezer blocking the view of her food inventory. Thriftiness appreciated, but nothing unusual so far...

In casual conversation last night, I mentioned I'd read on facebook that one of the film sellers, KB Canham, wrote that Kodak film prices are going up in April. I mentioned I was glad I stocked up early before the price increase I thought was inevitable, and that some companies have already increased prices.

She smiled and said, "Maybe you should buy some more film then."

Richard K.
28-Jan-2011, 08:33

Not in my most vivid, wildest, hopeful, booze-addled dream... :D

John Kasaian
28-Jan-2011, 08:54
Kodak is raising prices in April? I still shoot the yellow stuff in 35mm, 4x5 & 5x7 :eek:

Gudmundur Ingolfsson
28-Jan-2011, 09:23
Compliments to you jp498. You have a very reasonable wife.

David Aimone
28-Jan-2011, 09:28
Ok, what does SHE want? :rolleyes:

CG
28-Jan-2011, 12:04
Talk mike that means it's time to get a couple more freezers....

Tintype Bob
28-Jan-2011, 12:05
Every time my wife is like that, it cost me a new pair of shoes, dress to match and a night out .

Armin Seeholzer
28-Jan-2011, 12:55

You are a lucky man;--))) my wife always is unhappy if she looks into the freezer and there are more films in it!
So I could 1. Change the wife or buy a second freezer!
I think to buy a second freezer would be cheaper;--)))

Cheers Armin

Mark Sawyer
28-Jan-2011, 14:50
...I mentioned I was glad I stocked up early before the price increase I thought was inevitable, and that some companies have already increased prices.

Maybe it's time to tell her, "Honey, I just heard that ebay is going to raise the price of old lenses soon..."

onnect17
28-Jan-2011, 15:46
I got mine in a yard sale for 25 bucks. The hard part was fitting the freezer in the Yaris. It cleared with less than an inch. Check craigslist in the area.
Another option is to get the film out of the house for 10 months each year. IT'S MAINE, remember!

Moopheus
28-Jan-2011, 21:30
I got mine in a yard sale for 25 bucks.

You got your wife at a yard sale?

JohnN
29-Jan-2011, 13:29
Wow.

I want your wife to influence my wife.

David Karp
29-Jan-2011, 13:32
I just showed my wife the new Photobackpacker film holder cases. The first words out of her mouth were "You need that." My wife is awesome. (And also a fine photographer, but not LF.)

ki6mf
30-Jan-2011, 07:10
Congratulation for training your mind to stop thinking like a man. You have stopped down you thought process! This has created a special effect in you wife's work flow/thought process. The dynamic range of shopping has improved as a result. You have exposed your wife to film shopping. Most importantly you have developed the idea that she can let you agree with.