PDA

View Full Version : The Middle East

tgtaylor
27-Jan-2011, 18:38
Looks like it's coming unglued.

Good location for an aspiring photojournalists willing to loose the prerequisite balls.

John Kasaian
29-Jan-2011, 23:27
There's a fabeled Deardorff with a tripod that had bayonets instead of spikes that was used by Marine Corps photographers when hitting the beach in WW2.
I'd take one of those.

Or better yet, a 9-1/2"x9-1/2" K-17 aerial camera and shoot from 20,000 feet up ;)

Alan McConnell
31-Jan-2011, 14:56
My wife and I just back the other day from Egypt (Friday, 21st). The following Monday the riots began. We didn't see any signs of revolt, but it didn't surprise me. The amount of poverty and the lack of a middle class was unbelievable. I hope they can protect all the great temples and other artifacts. I was able to get some LF work done, but had some difficulty at a few locations. Getting past security at the airport wasn't too bad. I'm not sure if I would like to try now.

Ole Tjugen
31-Jan-2011, 16:08
The area known as "the Middle East" is a large place. There are places I wouldn't go under any circumstances, and other places I would be happy to go tomorrow.

Frank Petronio
31-Jan-2011, 17:12
Careful... forum rules state that politics and religion have nothing to do with large-format photography and shouldn't be discussed.... Thank God -- err, "the supreme deity of your choice" -- that sex is still OK.

Nathan Potter
31-Jan-2011, 17:44
Frank, that's because sex is easy to do; politics more difficult - to photograph, that is.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.