PDA

View Full Version : Film Suppliers in Miami

l2oBiN
27-Jan-2011, 06:02
I am looking for reputable retails of film and Printfile products in Miami. Can anyone suggest any?

cdholden
27-Jan-2011, 07:56
I left south Florida several years ago, but Pittman Photo used to sell it. They're on US1, just south of The Falls. They cater to the digital crowd, but they were the only place in Miami that still sold darkroom chemicals when I was there.

mrkauffman
27-Jan-2011, 10:00
pittman is the only one, well theres AAA fotofast down south but i wouldnt recommend it.

Bob Salomon
27-Jan-2011, 10:31
How about Carousel? or Aperture?

l2oBiN
31-Jan-2011, 17:38
Sent emails to Carousel & Aperture (no answer), and contacted pittman, ====> do not stock fuji film (I am after the provia 100F and Velvia films in the 4x5 size).

Any others?

onnect17
31-Jan-2011, 18:00
Any problem traveling with the film? I always bring the xray-reduction bag and request hand check.

Tom Schaefer
31-Jan-2011, 20:03
I usually order from Badger
Tom

mrkauffman
31-Jan-2011, 20:35
the only LOCAL place where you can physically go and buy film is Pittman and AAA Fotofast in my 3 years experience here. Not that expensive either. When i was in New Orleans they wanted 6 bucks for a roll of tri-x 120, in miami its very similar to BH prices.

cdholden
1-Feb-2011, 00:04
Overhead costs in South Miami aren't cheap. Expect retail items to not be the cheapest around. A business operates to make money, not support the habits/hobbies/professions of others.
I agree with mrkauffman and would not recommend AAA Fotofast. While Pittman didn't always have what I wanted in stock, they were willing to order it in for pickup and still had sales people with a clue when I was there from 1993 to 2004. At their old location (north of The Falls) they had a "gallery" room for displaying prints/shows. I'm not sure if they do at their new location south of The Falls.

mrkauffman
1-Feb-2011, 07:24
there is no gallery at their new location. at one point in the past they were one of the largest film suppliers in the southeast U.S. i know their 120 tri-x is 3 dollars n change, much cheaper than anywhere i found in New Orleans, Alabama, South Carolina, and Georgia

Riccis
1-Feb-2011, 08:53
Worldwide Photo in Biscanyne Blvd carries a pretty nice assortment of 35, 120, 4x5 and even 8x10... Their prices are not the cheapest but if you are in a bind you can buy from them. IMHO, it is cheaper and more convenient to overnight film from B&H than to fight with Miami traffic for your film needs.

Cheers,