PDA

View Full Version : e6 chemistry in the usa .... help......

skagroovy
18-Jan-2011, 22:17
Tetenal,Kodak,Fuji please help me out with a link with someone that has it in stock.....
Prefer not to use freestyle photo house brand ... I just got a cpp2 and am dying to try it out.

banjo
19-Jan-2011, 02:21
you can try this http://www.cpacimaging.com/msdstrechrome6.asp

Banjo

John Brady
19-Jan-2011, 06:15
Try Badger graphic, if they don't have the kodak 5L E-6 kit in stock they will get it for you quick.

For e-6 it's a nice system. Sorry I don't have the link but you can search it easily.

www.timeandlight.com

dng88
19-Jan-2011, 06:48
Is the Kodak 5L E-6 kit still available? I thought it was stopped?

Jim C.
19-Jan-2011, 09:12
Is the Kodak 5L E-6 kit still available? I thought it was stopped?

I managed to snag 2 kits from B&H about a month ago, there may still be
kits in the wholesale pipeline. Not sure how it fares in HK channels.

IanMazursky
19-Jan-2011, 13:04
The 5L kits were discontinued last year, maybe one or 2 are left in the pipeline but i doubt it. Kodak has no stock in their warehouses.
I process a lot of E6 so i ended up buying the 5 gallon Kodak E6AR cubes and starters from my partner lab.
The cubes are bug and heavy but the cost per liter is a lot less compared to kits.
They’re a big investment but they should last a while, the only parts that will go bad fast are the developers.
Just an FYI, the mixing instructions in the Z119 manual are incorrect for reducing the cubes down to 1L, they omit the starters.
I have complied a spreadsheet with the help of Peter from Kodak support. If anyone would like a copy, please let me know.

Kodak is also still stocking the 10L individual components but some of them have to be ordered in case quantities.
Your best bet if one of the big stores wont order them for you is to find a local lab that orders from Kodak.
They should be able to add your E6 chemistry to their order.

Jim C.
19-Jan-2011, 15:55
Ian, love to have a copy, PM sent

dng88
20-Jan-2011, 08:59
Would be nice to have the spreadsheet and the 5 gallon code number Pm also sent

IanMazursky
20-Jan-2011, 14:47
Hi Guys,
I have emailed you the spreadsheet with the instructions.
For reference, here are the Kodak E6 chemicals and Catalog numbers.

E6 Starters
KODAK PROFESSIONAL First Developer Starter, Process E-6 To make 26 gal Cat# 1671577
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color Developer Starter II, Process E-6 To make 25 gal Cat# 1858158
KODAK Bleach Starter, Process E-6 To make 25 gal Cat# 1779792

E6 AR 5 Gallon Cubes
KODAK PROFESSIONAL First Developer Replenisher, Process E-6AR 5 Gallon Cube To make 25 gal Cat# 8008401
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Reversal Bath and Replenisher, Process E-6AR 5 Gallon Cube To make 100 Cat# 1583566
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color Developer Replenisher, Process E-6AR 5 Gallon Cube Part A To make 25 gal Cat# 8402224
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color Developer Replenisher, Process E-6AR 5 Gallon Cube Part B To make 25 gal Cat# 1007509
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Pre-Bleach and Replenisher, Process E-6AR 5 Gallon Cube To make 50 gal Cat# 1038660
KODAK Bleach Replenisher, Process E-6AR 5 Gallon Cube To make 5 gal Cat# 1965623
KODAK Fixer and Replenisher, Process E-6AR 5 Gallon Cube To make 50 gal Cat# 1213677
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Final Rinse and Replenisher, Process E-6AR 5 Gallon Cube To make 500 gal Cat# 1152156

E6 10 Liter
KODAK PROFESSIONAL First Developer Replenisher, Process E-6 / To make 10 L Cat# 8313611
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Reversal Bath and Replenisher, Process E-6 / To make 10 L Cat# 1123611
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Color Developer Replenisher, Process E-6 / To make 10 L Cat# 1827872
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Pre-bleach and Replenisher Additive, Process E-6 / To make 10 L Cat# 1286228
KODAK Bleach Replenisher, Process E-6 / To make 10 L Cat# 8192395
KODAK Fixer and Replenisher, Process E-6 / To make 10 L Cat# 1545466
KODAK PROFESSIONAL Final Rinse and Replenisher, Process E-6 / To make 10 L Cat# 8140279

Michael Batchelor
20-Jan-2011, 20:32
Hi Guys,
I have emailed you the spreadsheet with the instructions.
For reference, here are the Kodak E6 chemicals and Catalog numbers.

Ian,

Not sure if you're the one who posted these mix ratios on APUG, but I've converted it to a PDF. Everyone can download this easily.

Michael

Roger Cole
20-Jan-2011, 20:47
Just curious, I know the OP said he doesn't want to use the Freestyle house brand, but anyone have any experience with it? E6 chemistry is pretty well known and not rocket science. I'd think it would work fine, no?

Bryan Lemasters
20-Jan-2011, 21:09
Just curious, I know the OP said he doesn't want to use the Freestyle house brand, but anyone have any experience with it? E6 chemistry is pretty well known and not rocket science. I'd think it would work fine, no?

I've gone through a couple gallons of the Arista. So far, so good. Only major difference from other 3-step developer kits like Tetenal is that the preferred developing temperature is 105 degrees instead of 100 (The instructions also include developing times for 70, 75, 80, and 85 degrees).

I just placed an order with Freestyle yesterday but they are out of the Arista 1 Gallon developer kits right now - hopefully it is because of high demand and not just another bad sign for E-6 users.

Roger Cole
20-Jan-2011, 21:24
I've gone through a couple gallons of the Arista. So far, so good. Only major difference from other 3-step developer kits like Tetenal is that the preferred developing temperature is 105 degrees instead of 100 (The instructions also include developing times for 70, 75, 80, and 85 degrees).

I just placed an order with Freestyle yesterday but they are out of the Arista 1 Gallon developer kits right now - hopefully it is because of high demand and not just another bad sign for E-6 users.

Good to know. I'm just getting back into film and LF myself (just retrieved my darkroom gear from my parents' basement in TN and brought back to my house in Georgia and not even set up yet) and plan to concentrate mainly on B&W but I might want to do some E6, particularly if I get a decent scanner. B&W I'll do all traditional, but with the demise of type R chromogenic papers and the all-but-demise and sky high price for Ilfochrome, it seems a hybrid approach is more workable for color. I have a CPE2, and I did a fair amount of E6 of various brands, mostly Unicolor, back in the day. It all looked just as good as Kodak.

skagroovy
21-Jan-2011, 02:35
thanks for all the input after a lot of looking around, at the present time the freestyle artisa looks like it is the one...or Kodak 10L or 5 gallon cubes... i talked to my lab today and using the starters with larger quantity's look to be quite the hassle... he mentioned after starting the developers there was some sort of aging process... any way i am going to give the 3 bath method a try... wish i could still do the 6 bath...
thanks

Roger Cole
21-Jan-2011, 03:33
thanks for all the input after a lot of looking around, at the present time the freestyle artisa looks like it is the one...or Kodak 10L or 5 gallon cubes... i talked to my lab today and using the starters with larger quantity's look to be quite the hassle... he mentioned after starting the developers there was some sort of aging process... any way i am going to give the 3 bath method a try... wish i could still do the 6 bath...
thanks

FWIW, back when three bath came out I was doing quite a bit of E6 then and I did a comparison between three bath and six bath. I couldn't tell the difference so I settled on the three bath.

skagroovy
21-Jan-2011, 13:26
hmm i guess when they get it in stock i will give it a try... thanks to all...

S Allen
22-Jan-2011, 13:12
Any news about Tetanol for 4x5 film? This is a 3 stage process that other people
have recommended - and says is as good as 6 step. I e-mailed the factory
sales to see if they have any info. B and H has it out of stock.

Steve

S Allen
27-Jan-2011, 00:20
I E-mailed Tetenal in Germany - they said not suppliers on this side of the pond. There is a UK supplier on E-Bay. The House Brand is temporarily out in LA, but they said they planned on carrying this.

Steve

Roger Cole
27-Jan-2011, 03:57
I E-mailed Tetenal in Germany - they said not suppliers on this side of the pond. There is a UK supplier on E-Bay. The House Brand is temporarily out in LA, but they said they planned on carrying this.

Steve

What house brand? Who planned on carrying what? Tetanal? Re-branded Tetanal? Or are you referring to the Freestyle kits?

skagroovy
28-Jan-2011, 11:52
Freestyle kits are in... just ordered a gallon kit.. they said there are no issues with supply of this kit and the stock about 10 - 25 kits regularly.... i will report i have 2 rolls of velvia 50 that need to be dipped....

S Allen
30-Jan-2011, 00:40
Anyone know about long term color stability with the 3-bath Kits like Freestyle? I know the Tetanal can stay for at least 10 years, but wondering about the Blix in Freestle.

Also, anyone tried the Fuji 6 bath kits or are they available?

Thanks

Steve

skagroovy
2-Feb-2011, 00:22
first batch... thumbs up.... slides came out great.. i split the 1 gallon kit in 2 mixed up the first half and have stored it in airless containers....

lordvader
2-Feb-2011, 05:14
I'm curious about the stability too.
Tetenal may say 10 years, but what's the stability on something developed with a Kodak or Fuji 6 bath ?