PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid 55 again ...

gliderbee
18-Jan-2011, 05:07
I've posted this in the other tread, but I think people didn't notice it was a new problem, so I try again:

Now I have another problem: I have two packs of 55: the old one we talked about and that works now, and now I'm trying a newer one (or better: less old: it's expires 08/05).
Whenever I put it in the back to expose, and I try to pull back the envelop, it refuses to come loose however hard I pull, i.e. the hook in the back, that hooks behind the little metallic rail, has to let go because of the force: the little mettalic rail simply bends and the whole pack slides outward, not only the envelop.

I do not have this problem with an old 59 pack, and neither with the first 55 pack, so the problem must be the more recent pack.
It looks as if the envelop is "glued" too hard (or in whatever way it is fixed at the back) to slide out. Is there anything I can do about that ? Would warm-up the rail with a hairdryer help or do more harm ?

Thanks,
Stefan.

jb7
18-Jan-2011, 05:18
I did notice the other thread, and I have the same problem, far too much reverence, and no specific project...

It's unusual that you have this experience with a new box of film;
when this has happened to me, it's usually because the metal latch bar has been bent slightly- I stopped using the Gnass Gear pouches for 55 because of this...

A bent bar will compress, and grip the envelope more tightly-

My experience, anyway-

Vaughn
18-Jan-2011, 08:17
I have had sheets do this -- I think it is a bit of moisture that makes things stick inside the film packet. I have been able to take the film and move the metal rail a bit to loosen it up before inserting it into the 545 holder.