PDA

View Full Version : Whole Plate film offering from K.B. Canham

Diane Maher
17-Jan-2011, 19:55
I spoke to Keith Canham tonight and he asked me to let people know about this. He informed me that there is going to be a new Kodak film order. It will be announced and posted on his website and his facebook site sometime in the next week.

The film will be Tri-X in whole plate size. It will be offered in 25 sheet boxes at $142 a box.

Check his website and facebook site for possible discount announcement.

Diane

Richard K.
17-Jan-2011, 21:01
It's great to have that choice and I guess that the price reflects the coming cost increases as discussed re Ilford? (current Ilford WP price is less than $90)

Diane Maher
18-Jan-2011, 18:00
Richard,
Keith and I did discuss the upcoming price increase for Ilford. I haven't been very active here lately and hadn't seen that thread.

Diane

Allen in Montreal
18-Jan-2011, 19:11
Richard,
Keith and I did discuss the upcoming price increase for Ilford. I haven't been very active here lately and hadn't seen that thread.

Diane

Diane,

The Ilford price increase has been over blown.

I went to my shop as soon as I heard all these stories of 30 percent increases and placed a very large order to get in before the hike.
The shop called me and gave me the break down, some papers are going up the most, some of the films are just a few percentage points.

I ordered several boxes of 5x7, 8x10 HP5 and took all the 35mm and 120 HP5 he had in stock :D
I also ordered several boxes of Kentmere and Ilford warm tone ahead of the increase as they are what is making up the bigger share of the increase, not Ilford films.

Jim Cole
19-Jan-2011, 10:04
I was hoping that this would be a TMY-2 order. Rats!