PDA

View Full Version : Quickload vs. Mido film holders

Michael_527
27-Dec-1998, 23:27
I have been debating the move into the Fuji Quickload system, but I have a Mido system I haven't used in five years (or more). I remember the Mido system working quite well for me, and not having any light leak problems. Also, this system permits two sheets loaded per holder, and of course, also permits any film type to be loaded. Anyone have any thoughts?

I was looking around for some new Mido holders, but I didn't see anyone carrying them. I just looked up the company in the Yellow Pages for St. Louis, so I will call them tomorrow and post back on their status.

I guess the question is "Is this a holy grail search or not"... should I give up on the Mido, and use Fuji's system?

Thanks.... Michael Mutmansky

Ellis Vener
28-Dec-1998, 02:06
I can't answer accurately on the current availibility of the Mido system.

You might want to make note of the fact that a Fuji USA rep told me recently tha t they may introduce an ISO 160 color negative film sometime in late spring or e arly summer 1999. One of my wishes for the coming year is that Ilford or Agfa will license the Fuj i technology and introduce a B&W negtive material in QuickLoad packets.

Michael_527
28-Dec-1998, 15:42
Well, my question may be a moot point, I tried the Mido Design phone number, and it was being used by another company. My internet searches have not been fruitful, but I admit I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to 'Surfing'. If anyone knows that they exist, and how to contact them, please let me know.

In the meantime, it looks like I will have to spend a bit more per sheet for the QL system, and use standard film holders for the B&W.

Cheers...

Ellis Vener
29-Dec-1998, 18:38
Mr. Mido is no longer making the holders do to illness.

Ellis Vener
29-Dec-1998, 18:38
Mr. Mido is no longer making the holders due to illness.