PDA

View Full Version : Need a Meter Recommendation

ViewCameraNut
16-Jan-2011, 07:39
Hello everyone, I just bought a Polaroid 195 for a real bargain and now I need a light meter for it. With price in mind and or a factor ($100 or less), what would be your choice of meter to buy? Thanks for everyones time. Sincerely, Mike C.

mikebarger
16-Jan-2011, 08:28
Luna Pro SBC. I have one I carry in case my Pentax spot would fail. I also used it exclusively before I acquired the spot meter.

Leigh
16-Jan-2011, 10:45
Luna Pro SBC.
Good choice. Accurate, reliable, rugged, inexpensive.

- Leigh

mikebarger
16-Jan-2011, 11:14
I just checked Ebay completed auctions and it looks like you could buy a nice one between 50 and 75 bucks.

Mike

Roger Thoms
16-Jan-2011, 11:35
Another vote for the Luna Pro SBC. I've had one for years and use it for low light conditions and as a back up for my Gossen Spot meter. The SBC takes a 9V bat. as opposed to a mercury cell that the plain Luna Pro's take.

Roger

Carsten Wolff
17-Jan-2011, 09:18
Good call on the SBC. Another really nice meter is the Sekonic Studio (III). Solid as and has no battery. I bought one ~5 years ago -cheap, secondhand- and it proved to be dependable and accurate. It augments my Pentax digital spot meter and an unbranded flashmeter when needed.

Ari
17-Jan-2011, 10:15
A Minolta IVf can be had pretty cheaply these days; it only takes one AA and it's a very small and durable meter.

john biskupski
17-Jan-2011, 12:08
The Luna Pro SBC can also take a spot attachment (there are two types) I believe, if it's the same model as my Profisix SBC here in Europe. A bit bulky, analogue obviously, but so reliable.

gliderbee
18-Jan-2011, 09:34
I have the Sekonic Studio Deluxe, with all the slides, longer then I can remember; it must at least be 25 years old, and still working perfectly. It's a good feeling to know I can just pick it up and it will work without having to worry if the battery is still ok or not :)

Stefan.

Good call on the SBC. Another really nice meter is the Sekonic Studio (III). Solid as and has no battery. I bought one ~5 years ago -cheap, secondhand- and it proved to be dependable and accurate. It augments my Pentax digital
spot meter and an unbranded flashmeter when needed.

onnect17
18-Jan-2011, 14:21
Mike,
I can't recommend enough the Gossen Digisix. Simple, light and accurate. I use also with my range finders. I also have a 195 and I use it very often. You can buy the 3000 ISO in B&H for $10 and the postcard holders too. Bring it to the next party and keep the rollers clean.
Check the shutter speed. It could be on the slow side.
Enjoy it!

cjbroadbent
19-Jan-2011, 05:15
A Spectra. (http://www.spectracine.com/product_9.html) Wouldn't be seen dead with anything else.

Scott Davis
19-Jan-2011, 07:35
A Sekonic 308 - they made them by the boatload, it's still in new production today (I think), and they're incredibly handy. Lightweight, compact, runs on one AA battery, can do incident, reflected and flash.

lustrewand
28-Jan-2011, 13:32
Hi! I also need a meter recomm. I see you mention Luna F-- would this be the same as Lunnasix F. I am new to LF, having aquired a Tachihara 4x5. I managed to get an old SK Agulon F6.8 90mm and have ordered, from your nice US, some film holders, changing-bag and am wondering whether or not my Lunnasix would be appropriate as I have seen illustrations of spot-meters being positioned behind the ground glass.

Frank Petronio
28-Jan-2011, 15:00
A Nikon N80 35mm SLR so you can get a real picture once you run out of Fujiroid film.

ki6mf
30-Jan-2011, 07:15
I have the DigFlash version, which allows for speedlight flash measurement, of the Digixsix. These are small , probably will buy them new, and are over your $100 price. If shooting B&W I would look for a spot meter. Soligar Meters come up from time to time and are a bit higher than $100.