PDA

View Full Version : Printing Service that will print a 16x20 or larger Transparency

mcallisk
14-Jan-2011, 17:04
I have been looking for a printing service online or otherwise that will print a black n white transparency. I am printing cyanotypes and have had good success with getting transparencies printed at Kinkos service. The problem is they do not print larger than 8.5x11. Does anyone know of a service that will print a regular transparency for me? I have them all formatted and just need to have them printed. Any help would be appreciated......

David de Gruyl
14-Jan-2011, 20:01
Look for duratrans printing. I assume that you mean printing a digital file, by the way. (elcocolor.com is one place that will print them up to 30x40 and possibly larger).

The other option is to find a large printer and supply the transparency film. If it is a printer that takes normal sheets of paper (as opposed to rolls) they can usually take whatever transparency film you like (pictorio OHP) and print on it.

Filmnut
18-Jan-2011, 19:26
A good quality commercial inkjet on backlit film could work also, if the lab/print service is set up for it. This would avoid a colour cast that is possible with a Duratrans.
You might want to look for a commercial print service. I used to work for a lab that did Duratrans (actually Fujitrans, an equivilant RA4 product) up to 48" wide using a Durst Lambda, which can produce an excellent product.
Keith

Leigh
6-May-2011, 11:22
Try United Photo in Beltsville Maryland www.uphoto.com

They have some large printers, and do excellent work.

- Leigh

sara_criss
25-Aug-2011, 13:58
You can get 16x20 inch transparencies at silkscreensupplies.com, and by the way where do you live ...??? It would be a shame to suggest a service bureau in Portland Maine, if you live in Portland Oregon - or Germany. :)

rozmarcie
24-Sep-2011, 04:12
On the internet, various printing companies available, which one is good difficult to choose. I suggest select only professional printing company that has a good work experience and large work portfolio. Have you heard about Adorngraphics? I hope you can get your query solution there.

Greg Lockrey
24-Sep-2011, 06:16
PM sent

Jim Andrada
12-Aug-2012, 23:49
Same question as above - Where are you located? It's kind of important to know.

fear and loathing
31-Dec-2012, 18:06
Same question as above - Where are you located? It's kind of important to know.

Jim, do you know good places in Tucson for these transparencies? Or is online a better bet? Thanks.