PDA

View Full Version : what inspired me to large format in the near future

oneminoxfan
13-Jan-2011, 18:27
as i just started to really pay attention to photography , I noticed what large format pioneers have accomplished. I now have a Ansel Adams autobiography written with a co-author. this book stirred my creative shutter finger. In the mason trade for 25 years ,we cement finishers always greeted the day and hosted the dusk. these exciting calm times are the same times for dramatic natural light. the book and current pros have inspired me to set obtainable goals. the setting up and take down , developing, and printing and time required for art is rewarding . We in this digital age have a easier time to be introduced to precision, patience , planning ,panoramics, popcycles ,pure luck,and history.i will build my darkroom,buy film, and have a stable of diff. formats. as the generations move on to purity , much will be left behind to recycle and to use and share. Just a novice from Hawaii who visited Texas many times . Glad i joined up.

Bill Burk
15-Jan-2011, 07:22
... In the mason trade for 25 years ,we cement finishers always greeted the day and hosted the dusk. these exciting calm times are the same times for dramatic natural light...

Welcome oneminoxfan,

Best wishes that your well of emotions in the mornings and afternoons will show in your work.

Your screen-name reminds me of my old backpacking kit, 15 pounds of 4x5 gear and a Minox C for backup.

I'm developing film this morning and the developer is at 71-degrees now so it's time for lights-off.

Bill

msk2193
15-Jan-2011, 09:05
Aloha from Texas.

Steve M Hostetter
15-Jan-2011, 17:12
Greetings great one :)

Filmnut
15-Jan-2011, 17:20
I hope you enjoy it here, there is lots of experience amougst the membership of this forum. I'm a member of several other forums, but this one is my favourite.
Keith

Ed Kelsey
15-Jan-2011, 17:41
This forum is devoted to those who would rather drive a Model T than a Lexus. Nuff said.

al olson
19-Jan-2011, 19:36
This forum is devoted to those who would rather drive a Model T than a Lexus. Nuff said.

Nahhh, more like driving a Stutz Bearcat than a Lexus!

Scott Davis
20-Jan-2011, 07:23
I'll take a Packard 734 boattail roadster, thank you very much! But hey, welcome to the forum!