PDA

View Full Version : Error no 1-6 on ScanMate 11000

Felix Bridell
10-Jan-2011, 09:49
Hi. This is my first post here and I hope I can get som answers.
I just bought a used ScanMate 11000 with ColorQuartet 5 running on a
Win 2000 PC. I'm happy with the scaner most of the time, but sometimes
when I try to start a scan the program stop the scaner after 5% and
return the error message: "Error no 1-6. ReadData error row 0
stripsize 1". At first this error only occured when the file size got
bigger then 2000 MB (some one who know what this is all about?), but
now I got it when the file size is smaller to (1500 MB).

I hope some one out there can help me.

/Felix

Sideshow Bob
10-Jan-2011, 10:19
I remember seeing a similar problem on a Howtek scanner and it turned out to be a SCSI error. I would try a different SCSI card and cable.

Gale

Felix Bridell
13-Jan-2011, 03:20
Thanks for the tip Sideshow Bob. Do you know what kind of SCSI card and cable I should look for?

I know now for sure that is has nothing do to with the amount of memory installed. I tried to upgrade from 1GB to 2GB memory but the error is still there.

Noah A
13-Jan-2011, 05:25
I've never used that scanner, but you might want to ask over at the Scan Hi-End group at Yahoo. The advice I found there was helpful when I got my Howtek.

Felix Bridell
15-Jan-2011, 05:56
After some more testing I now know that the biggest file I am able to scan is 1000 MB. It would be very helpful to know how big files other ScanMate 11000 user can do. Could it be some limitations in the OS win 2000?

Noah A
15-Jan-2011, 08:33
Could be. I'm limited to 2gb files on the OS9 mac I use for my Howtek...

Daniel Stone
15-Jan-2011, 22:02
what about doing 2 scans, with an overlap of approx 15-25%, and merge them in PS?

could take care of the 1gb max file limitation...

just my measly $.02

-Dan

Felix Bridell
17-Jan-2011, 09:12
DanielStone. I have thought of that but I don't really like the idé to merge them i PS. I tried to use PS Automate/Photomerge but it did not do the job 100%.

I have also tried to connect the scanner to a Mac and installed CQ on that one to see if it changed anything but I could'n get the scanner to connect i CQScan. Do I need a Dongle for Mac just to try to scan with CQ? I know that the Mac and SCSI card is working, and I change the SCSI address on the scanmate. What to do?

Felix Bridell
19-Jan-2011, 16:25
I have now tried to run the scanner on Windows XP but still the same problem with max 1GB file size. Is there any user out there that can do bigger files with ScanMate and CQ?