PDA

View Full Version : Schneider Symmar 5.6 150mm Curious Lever

Tigger
6-Jan-2011, 06:16
Hi All,

Ok so I'm well versed in 35mm and Medium Format photography and am just taking my first steps into the world of 5x4. So I have got myself a technical Wista field camera and then the above lens arrived for it today. I've had a good Google and cannot find the answer, but sat at the cocked end of the run for the shutter lever crank and the apparture preview lis a little silver button that will move backwards when the shutter is cocked... What does it do?

I can see no obvious purpose to it being there?

Any light you could shed on this matter would be great!

M

William Whitaker
6-Jan-2011, 06:39
Hard to tell without knowing what the shutter is. It sounds like it's a self-timer. If you depress the small button, you should be able to move the cocking lever further to engage the timer. Some older shutters had this.

Tigger
6-Jan-2011, 06:50
Hard to tell without knowing what the shutter is. It sounds like it's a self-timer. If you depress the small button, you should be able to move the cocking lever further to engage the timer. Some older shutters had this.

Bingo! Thank you very much!

ignatiusjk
6-Jan-2011, 16:36
Can you show a picture of what your talking about?

domaz
9-Jan-2011, 23:21
Don't engage the self-timer on those old shutters. 90% of the time they don't work and it can sometimes cause problems with the workings of the shutter if the self-timer stalls out.