PDA

View Full Version : Fujinon SWD 1:5.6/65

gliderbee
3-Jan-2011, 03:09
Ok, I did it again: buying before asking ...

I have bought this lens and now realize the flangeback is 73.4mm (Ebony lens table; I found the link on this forum).

It was meant to be used on a Shen-Hao TZ45-IIA. According to the Badgergraphic site, the bellows extension should be 75-340mm (looking at the TZ45-IIB, the A isn't listed anymore).

I think it should be possible to fix this with a recessed lensboard, right ??? I have a recessed lensboard, but it's only 1cm deep, so that will not do. Are there more recessed lensboards in existence ? I guess I should have one with a recession of 1.5mm ? UPDATE: I've found something on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/19mm-Recessed-Lens-Board-Linhof-Technika-Copal-/400185315321?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item5d2ce74ff9. These should work, right ?

On top of that, I tried to mount the lens in the recessed lensboard. The mounting hole is decentered.
Please have a look at the picture: The lens has the aperture lever at the bottom while the cocking lever is at the top. Because of this, when mounting the lens, the aperture can not be fully opened, because the aperture lever hits the "wall" at the bottom. If I turn it in such a way that the aperture lever can be operated, the preview lever is partially blocked ...
Is it possible to take off the ring that controls the aperture and mount it the other way around ? If it only involves releasing the three little screws (please see picture) I think it might not be too difficult ?

http://home.scarlet.be/~sejmw/s_Fujinon65.JPG

Thanks for all your help,
Stefan.

Lachlan 717
3-Jan-2011, 03:40
Stefan,

There is no right "up" on these lenses. Try rotating it so that the lever does move fully.

gliderbee
3-Jan-2011, 05:11
Stefan,

There is no right "up" on these lenses. Try rotating it so that the lever does move fully.

Hello Lachlan,

That's the point: I can't rotate it until both levers can move fully: either the aperture lever or the preview lever will be stuck: it's impossible to have them both fully move, no matter how I rotate the lens in the board.

While there is no "up" on the lense, there is a "up" and "down" on the board, because the mounting opening is decentered, so there's not enough room at the "down"side to move the aperture lever. If I turn it in such a way the aperture lever is more "up", the preview lever goes "down" and gets stuck ...

Stefan.

Bob McCarthy
3-Jan-2011, 07:01
The layout of the Fuji's can be an issue. When I bought the Technika, I sold my Fuji's and replaced with Nikons because of clearance (lack of) at lens bottom.

bob

Scotty230358
3-Jan-2011, 07:26
I use a Shen Hao TZ45BII. With the standard bellows you can get infinity focus with a 75mm on a flat board but the bellows are so tight that movements are an issue. I prefer to use bag bellows rather than a recessed lens board. Its more expensive but much more convenient.

gliderbee
3-Jan-2011, 07:48
I use a Shen Hao TZ45BII. With the standard bellows you can get infinity focus with a 75mm on a flat board but the bellows are so tight that movements are an issue. I prefer to use bag bellows rather than a recessed lens board. Its more expensive but much more convenient.

yes, I know: the Fuji 75mm has a flangeback of 85.1mm, and since the Shen-Hao starts from 75mm, that's ok.
The Fuji 65mm has a flangeback of 73.4mm, so I need the recessed lensboard to get infinity focus: the bellows are not the limiting factor (at least not for infinity focus; they are for movements).

I'm using a Schneider 90mm also with a recessed lensboard, but I just ordered a bag bellows for the same reason as you say.

gliderbee
3-Jan-2011, 07:50
The layout of the Fuji's can be an issue. When I bought the Technika, I sold my Fuji's and replaced with Nikons because of clearance (lack of) at lens bottom.

bob

That's my problem indeed, but if I could just turn that ring 180° ... It looks so simple, but I'm hesitant ... Anybody who disassembled a Fuji before ?

Scotty230358
3-Jan-2011, 08:36
yes, I know: the Fuji 75mm has a flangeback of 85.1mm, and since the Shen-Hao starts from 75mm, that's ok.
The Fuji 65mm has a flangeback of 73.4mm, so I need the recessed lensboard to get infinity focus: the bellows are not the limiting factor (at least not for infinity focus; they are for movements).

I'm using a Schneider 90mm also with a recessed lensboard, but I just ordered a bag bellows for the same reason as you say.

I should have read the title more carefully. I thought you had a Fuji 75mm

gliderbee
3-Jan-2011, 09:35
I should have read the title more carefully. I thought you had a Fuji 75mm

No problem. In the mean time, me being impatient as always :rolleyes: , I have unscrewed the three little screws. The first ring just lifts off, en then one can simply lift up the aperture ring. Too bad it can not be turned 180°: it's not exactly symmetrical and the control lever interferes with the shutter cocking lever then ...

I proposed the seller to exchange for a 75mm and I'm waiting for an answer now. As a last resort, I could simply remove the lever and set the aperture with a small pencil or something, but I don't like "mutilating" a lens ...

Thanks for your help,
Stefan.