PDA

View Full Version : Fuji 135 W

Bob McCarthy
2-Jan-2011, 21:07
I just acquired for a fairly decent price an older Fuji 135W, single coated in Seiko shutter that appears to be in nice condition.

Big image circle and very small in size.

Any one have any insight?

Is Kerry still around.

Lettering is inside not outside like my other Fuji's.

Bob

msk2193
2-Jan-2011, 21:25
I told you prices have come down significantly over the past few weeks.
Congrats.

p.s. Huge rain storms expected for the Hill Country next week. With last week's good rainfall and now this, April should be a great time to head down there!

David Karp
2-Jan-2011, 21:46
Bob,

I had one for a while. I like Fuji lenses in general, and I liked it too. It came with a kit I purchased to to get a 180 A. I have an NW 125 and 150, so I really did not need it. I sold it, and not too long after, I purchased a 5x7 back for my WP camera. Then I wished did not sell the W 135. It would have been a perfect short focal length lens. It has plenty of image circle, enough to cover 5x7 with some movement.

Ari
2-Jan-2011, 21:54
I am waiting for mine, having just purchased it last week.
I had a number of 135s from which to choose (including newer Fujinons with the lettering on the outside of the barrel), and I opted for the older W with inside lettering.
My first LF lens was a W 210, it could cover 8x10, and I always regretted selling it. I won't make that mistake again.

Joel Truckenbrod
2-Jan-2011, 22:27
I use a Fujinon 135 W (lettering on the interior, like yours) on 4x5 all of the time for landscapes. I've found it to be a good workhorse lens - cheap, light, lots of room for movements. Although it's obvious, my only caution would be to use a lens shade as often as possible. The coating (or lack there of) seems easily prone to flare of varying intensities, reducing image contrast. While the flare is usually immediately detectable as a general "haze" over the image, it can occasionally be difficult to see unless you use your hand to check for it. With a little care in usage, it should perform admirably for you.

goodfood
2-Jan-2011, 22:30
The Fuji 135 W always keep on my camera. A really good lens. This focal length I like the best.