2-Jan-2011, 18:21
Upcoming trip Death Valley and he Alabama Foothills
2/10-2/13 2011

write or call for info

Thnx

Ian

pdmoylan
2-Jan-2011, 19:17
Where do we find the contact information?

Mark Barendt
2-Jan-2011, 19:47
:rolleyes: Seriously cryptic.

Juergen Sattler
2-Jan-2011, 21:40
Sure went to a lot of trouble to announce a workshop - and it's his first post on top of that. Makes very good first impression. I'm sure everyone here can't wait to sign up for this workshop. If someone puts that much thought into an announcement, then the workshop sure must be well organized.

SocalAstro
2-Jan-2011, 22:17
Upcoming trip Death Valley and he Alabama Foothills
2/10-2/13 2011

write or call for info

Thnx

Ian

3 days TOTAL for a Death Valley workshop AND Alabama hills? This is prohibitively short!

Mark Barendt
3-Jan-2011, 05:20
3 days TOTAL for a Death Valley workshop AND Alabama hills? This is prohibitively short!

Noticed that too.

iwphotography
3-Jan-2011, 06:07
Hi There,

I appologize for the incredibly short e-mail.
I have been on one of the other forums a few years back and yes just beginning here and I am not completely familiar with everything yet. I have been shooting 4x5 for almost ten years now, sixteen years shooting seriously all together, beginning my sixth year leading workshops. I live in Sedona AZ and have been here for just about eleven years, before that I lived in Lake Tahoe , ten years there. I shoot all my landscape work with an Ebony rw 4x5 and I also shoot digital, primarily for real estate photography and other commercial work.

Three and a half days can be a very effective workshop. I offer longer and shorter programs so there are workshops for different budgets.

I will make sure all my contact info is available on my home page.

Thank you and happy new year,

Ian

Don7x17
3-Jan-2011, 11:01
Wonder if he has the necessary permits for holding the workshop in Death Valley? Also BLM land (Alabama Hills).

dperez
3-Jan-2011, 12:17
Three days is not enough time for both Death Valley and Alabama Hills. I don't think I would ever pay for a worksop in either of those areas becuase one can find endless resources; including where to shoot and when without having to spend a bunch of money.

Frank Petronio
3-Jan-2011, 13:04
Boy you're a tough crowd. I can't vouch for the guy, he should learn how to create a simple link himself, but here it is:

http://www.southwestphotoworkshops.com/

He's not a bad photographer. Maybe it's good deal for finding good postcardy locations?

Gem Singer
3-Jan-2011, 13:16
dperez,

The object of a workshop is not to point out what scenes to shoot, but to learn how to capture those scenes with a camera so that they accurately reproduce what the photographer visualized.

If you have already mastered that technique, you certainly don't need to attend a workshop.

However, less skilled photographers will probably gain from the experience.

Preston
3-Jan-2011, 13:33
dperez,

The object of a workshop is not to point out what scenes to shoot, but to learn how to capture those scenes with a camera so that they accurately reproduce what the photographer visualized.

If you have already mastered that technique, you certainly don't need to attend a workshop.

I heartily agree. +1

There is always something new to learn. There are workshops that I would love to attend, but cannot afford; and I have been making photographs since 1971.

--P

dperez
3-Jan-2011, 14:43
dperez,

Yes I agree with you 100%, but that was not what I got from the website. No disrespect meant by my post. I agree, that some photographers might benifit, but I don't know how productive it would be in three days between Death Valley and Alabama Hills.

iwphotography
3-Jan-2011, 15:07
Here is my main site

http://www.ian-whitehead.com