PDA

View Full Version : Lens Table from Ebony

Preston
2-Jan-2011, 10:21
While researching if a Fujinon 400-T would work with my Tachihara, I found this table that shows some specs for a good sampling of modern LF lenses. The table includes the shutter type, image circle, largest format and flange distance.

Ebony Lens Table (http://www.ebonycamera.com/articles/lenses.html)

--P

Sevo
2-Jan-2011, 10:35
From the title I was half expecting a piece of decadent furniture for the photographer that has it all... ;)

Jeffrey Sipress
2-Jan-2011, 10:40
Thanks for this, Preston.

So, how did my lens repair work out for you?

Preston
2-Jan-2011, 11:32
Jeffrey,

It worked out nicely, and the lens looks very nice, now.

I was given a Symmar-S 210 that had a major ding in the front element filter threads. Harley Goldman suggested that I contact Jeffrey, who is a machinist, to see if he could do something with it. Jeffrey repaired it for me, and it's nearly as good as new.

If I could only find a 77mm adpater ring for my Lee compendium/filter holder, I would be an even happier camper.

--P

Matus Kalisky
3-Jan-2011, 12:37
I do not know whether you already purchased the 400T, but if not here are a few thoughts. I have the osaka 400/8 which is also a tele design. It is 100 gram lighter than the Fujinon 400T but it already puts quite some strain on the front standard. While the Tachihara is able to "hold" the lens, the stability of the front standard is very weak and any vibration induced needs about 5 seconds to set down - and this gets only worse if you want to focus closer than infinity. This means that photographing in anything but light breeze will make it hard to produce sharp shots.

Just a small caveat worth of $0.02.

Preston
3-Jan-2011, 13:25
Matus,

Thank for the information. I had certainly given the weight of this lens some thought. After considering that, and the cost, it's just not in the cards at the moment.

--P

Ken Lee
3-Jan-2011, 13:35
I used a 400T on my 4x5 Tachihara for quite a while, and made several of my favorite photos with it.