PDA

View Full Version : Uses for Polaroid clearing bucket insert?

Steve Goldstein
29-Dec-2010, 05:59
Yesterday I discovered the like-new Polaroid clearing bucket I purchased less than a year before Type 55 vanished :(. In addition to a 24oz packet of sodium sulfite I can certainly use, it contained a nifty adjustable film-holder gadget for up to 12 sheets. Has anyone ever found a use for this holder other than for clearing Type 55 negatives? It seems too nice to dump/recycle.

I think my wife can use the bucket for her gardening. That gets it out of my storage space and into hers :)

photographs42
29-Dec-2010, 09:32
I used mine for negative washing. Push a hose (plastic tube) into the center and it forces the water in at the bottom and over the edge at the top.
Jerome

Jim Noel
29-Dec-2010, 09:53
Good answer!

Nathan Potter
29-Dec-2010, 10:33
When there are absolutely no other alternatives - an emergency urinal. :cool:

IanMazursky
29-Dec-2010, 11:03
When there are absolutely no other alternatives - an emergency urinal. :cool:

Ha!! Good one!! Mine is just siting full of solution on a shelf. I still have a bunch of 55 that one day i will have to use.

letchhausen
29-Dec-2010, 15:38
Yesterday I discovered the like-new Polaroid clearing bucket I purchased less than a year before Type 55 vanished :(. In addition to a 24oz packet of sodium sulfite I can certainly use, it contained a nifty adjustable film-holder gadget for up to 12 sheets. Has anyone ever found a use for this holder other than for clearing Type 55 negatives? It seems too nice to dump/recycle.

I think my wife can use the bucket for her gardening. That gets it out of my storage space and into hers :)

Or you could sell the bucket to me since I still have 10 boxes of Type 55 in my fridge....