PDA

View Full Version : What kind of back is this and what kind of roll film holder will fit?

jmooney
27-Dec-2010, 16:18
Stoopid Newb question:

Is this a Graflock back? If not what is it and what type of 6x9 holder will fit it? What are my chances of getting a 6x12 back for it?

Any advice on what backs to look for would be appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Jim

B.S.Kumar
27-Dec-2010, 16:49
It does look like a Graflok back. You should be able to remove the back using the chrome levers. Are the black strips sliders? If so, you can move them, and the back should pop out. Or you may have to lift the chrome levers to get the back out. Which camera is it?

Kumar

banjo
27-Dec-2010, 16:53
Hey Jim
yes you do have a Graflok back AND for 6x12 the DAYI 6x12 6x9 6x6 6x4.5 Roll Film Back 4x5
should work And any roll film back for 4x5 Graflex will work

banjo

jmooney
27-Dec-2010, 16:53
It's a Crown Graphic. If I push on the chrome levers near the center of the back they unhook and the GG and frame comes off.

Frank Petronio
27-Dec-2010, 16:57
Somebody removed the sliding tabs that are meant to hold your roll film back in place, which is a shame.

jmooney
27-Dec-2010, 17:03
Somebody removed the sliding tabs that are meant to hold your roll film back in place, which is a shame.

You know I was just looking at roll film backs on eBay with the camera sitting in front of me saying "what the hell holds the back in place?" That answers that....

Is there any chance of finding them or should I just look for another Crown that has them?

Brian C. Miller
27-Dec-2010, 17:16
Speed Graphic Graflok back (http://graflex.org/speed-graphic/features.html)

These are simple sliders, so having replacements machined shouldn't be hard. However, it is probably easier to get another Speed which has them. Maybe you can find a "parts" Speed, and canabalize that.

Joseph Dickerson
27-Dec-2010, 17:22
Or find a Calumet/Cambo roll film holder that slips under the GG and doesn't need the sliders.

I happen to have three for sale. And they are common on Ebay.

Joe Dickerson