PDA

View Full Version : Old LF lens advice needed

rickg
24-Dec-2010, 07:07
L&G,
In my fathers estate I found some LF lens and shutter assemblies. I don't know anything about them. I need some advice as to their value and/or worth and who to take or send them to for R&R.

Please inspect the following:

The lens on both need cleaning and I don't know how to work the Graphex so I'm not sure if the shutter will trip.

I live in the Detroit area and would like a recommendation as to who to send it to for cleaning so they may be offered for sale to their best advantage.

Thank you all for your time,
Rick Guarino

jp
24-Dec-2010, 08:29
Welcome!

The graphex shuttered lens is the stock lens from a speed graphic of the 40's-50's vintage. The CLA (R&R) will perhaps cost more than the lens is worth, as the lens are routinely sold with the complete speed graphic system for $150-350ish (Higher end prices come with the light saber handle). It's a great lens though and a buyer may choose to clean it themself or have it done anyways to ensure reliable operation going forward.

Jim Jones
24-Dec-2010, 09:19
A 12 in. Dagor, even one sold by Goerz AM, will certainly appeal to some. Google completed ebay sales for current values. I would offer them for sale as is with a thorough description, and let a more knowledgable buyer see to any major cleaning or overhaul.

John Kasaian
24-Dec-2010, 09:21
The 12" Dagor is considered the holy grail for 8x10ers.