PDA

View Full Version : Any examples of a Schneider Center Filter for a 75mm 5.6?

GabrielSeri
21-Dec-2010, 13:22
Hi, I was wondering if anyone had or could take some shots with a Schneider 75mm 5.6 with and without the Schneider Center Filter? I found a couple on ebay that I might buy but I wanted to see some images first. I would appreciate any input. Thanks

GabrielSeri
21-Dec-2010, 13:25
I just bought a 75mm 5.6 and this is the first shot I took with it. It's kind of a boring photo but I wanted to photograph a wall to see the edges darken. http://silverpiscis.com/Photography/LargeFormat/content/bin/images/large/LABaptistWEB.jpg

Bob Salomon
21-Dec-2010, 14:59
This isn't the best example to use to see if you need the filter. You can easily dodge and burn a B&W to correct fall off and you have a lot of latitude on B&W compared to shooting a chrome. What you really want to test is a chrome, especially with camera movements that bring you to the edges of the lens' coverage. Include sky all the way across and, if possible, white sand across the bottom. Then you will see the fall-off.
Just remember, a CF requires that the lens be stopped down at least 2 stops for the CF to have any effect. So with your lens you would have to shoot at f11 or smaller. And go much smaller then 22 you will be into diffraction.

GabrielSeri
21-Dec-2010, 15:40
Thank you Bob, I will take that advice and shoot a chrome and include sky across the image. I kind of like the slight vignette look in B+W and as you pointed out I can always dodge and burn. Would you say then that F22 or F16 is the sharpest aperture for this lens?

Bob Salomon
21-Dec-2010, 18:43
Thank you Bob, I will take that advice and shoot a chrome and include sky across the image. I kind of like the slight vignette look in B+W and as you pointed out I can always dodge and burn. Would you say then that F22 or F16 is the sharpest aperture for this lens?

Probably 16 to 22. Check the Schneider data sheets.