PDA

View Full Version : New Blog

Ash
17-Dec-2010, 16:36
Way back when, I had a Myspace blog, but the images I uploaded weren't amazing. However it was useful having a journal to write about the images for anyone interested.

For that reason I've started a new blog - http://nps160.tumblr.com

If you're interested, and if you have tumblr or anything that will allow you to 'follow' then please do.

I'm hoping to start shooting large format again next year, so there'll be more than 6x7 on the blog.

SW Rick
17-Dec-2010, 17:54
Some very nice portraits, Ash. Thanks for sharing!

Ben Syverson
17-Dec-2010, 19:24
Ash, your stuff is so inspiring. Thanks for posting the link!

Frank Petronio
17-Dec-2010, 22:48
I especially like the old hippie dude with the beret, Albert-something ;-)

Ash
18-Dec-2010, 16:25
Thanks for your comments... I'm trying to keep up a steady flow of photo's, and any comments or criticisms help me keep on track.

arca andy
23-Dec-2010, 02:45
Hi Ash
Hey Ash I love your portraits, you get into the soul of your subjects. Photography with a message, which is as is should be.
Andy

Ash
23-Dec-2010, 10:35
Thanks Andy.

Been busy with the weekend job bleeding into weekdays, hopefully take more photos before new years

Ash
24-Jan-2011, 08:46
Bump for anyone who hasn't checked it out yet...

anglophone1
26-Jan-2011, 16:07
Ash
When i first saw your posts at RFF [where I was-now banned!] and here [don't post much] I thought you were really up your own arse, this new blog of yours is excellent, [ pompous old fart i know but thought i should say so] keep it up!
I used to spend quite a bit of time in Swindon 20 years ago, then not the most exciting place on the planet, doesn't look as though much has changed...................
Clive

Ash
26-Jan-2011, 16:17
Hey Clive.

RFF is a funny place, isn't it? I'd not go out my way to defend anything I ever said there, but then I'd never retract a comment either. It's difficult to come across in a way that anybody can read happily. It's very easy to upset a lot of people along the way, regardless of best intentions.

That said, a lot of growing up has happened in the past 5 years or so; if my photography can mature faster than I can, hopefully I might take a worthwhile photo sometime ;)

All said and done, sometimes it's fun to stir a hornet's nest.

anglophone1
26-Jan-2011, 16:21
So we all change and Swindon stays the same, next time I'm headed for London I'll PM you and see if we can meet up, I have a spare coffee can lid diffuser for a Norman/Quantum head!
Clive

Ash
26-Jan-2011, 16:51
So true. Hope to see you soon.