PDA

View Full Version : Taylor & Hobson Achromatic Soft Focus Portrait

ederphoto
15-Dec-2010, 22:24
I remember that one of these lenses came up for sale on e**y early this year and some
fellows here were sorry that they missed it .Well another one is up if you guys are still interested .They are rare and hard to come by .It came up early as a brass lens in vintage and now is up again in the correct category and proper title . Don't let this one go now ! Would be nice to see some shots with this lens.Does anyone here has one ?How about some sample pics ? Love ;) .

Emil Schildt
16-Dec-2010, 07:27
I remember that one of these lenses came up for sale on e**y early this year and some
fellows here were sorry that they missed it .Well another one is up if you guys are still interested .They are rare and hard to come by .It came up early as a brass lens in vintage and now is up again in the correct category and proper title . Don't let this one go now ! Would be nice to see some shots with this lens.Does anyone here has one ?How about some sample pics ? Love ;) .

there are some pictures submitted here on LF forum with that type of lens used.

I have one - only tried it a couple of times, but I am certainly not "done" with it...

post 70: http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=64954&page=7

Louis Pacilla
16-Dec-2010, 08:09
Is this your lens? Are you promoting your eBay sale here?

ederphoto
16-Dec-2010, 08:33
That lens is not mine and i don't even know who the seller is .I like things a bit sharp ,but i do appreciate a soft look from time to time ;)

Mark Sawyer
16-Dec-2010, 14:05
Anyone remember what the last one went for? I'd love one, but wonder whether I'm in the ballpark on affordability...

eddie
16-Dec-2010, 15:15
Anyone remember what the last one went for? I'd love one, but wonder whether I'm in the ballpark on affordability...

in the recent crazy price past....probably not.....anymore....but we are all watching so lets see. everyone got their sniper programs up to operating temps?

Mark Sawyer
16-Dec-2010, 15:57
And iiiiiiit's... gone! The seller probably got all excited when somebody offered him $200 for a crummy old lens.

eddie
16-Dec-2010, 16:03
And iiiiiiit's... gone! The seller probably got all excited when somebody offered him $200 for a crummy old lens.

okay. who bought! come on! fess up!

Emil Schildt
16-Dec-2010, 17:28
last one I saw was about 800$ (as I remember). I got one quite a bit cheaper - problematic aperture an'all that....

Interesting lens - it grows on me....

Jim Galli
16-Dec-2010, 17:35
warnt me. I coodn't even find it.

goamules
16-Dec-2010, 20:17
I sold one this year and have another, mint, with TTH marked flange and metal lens cap. They are sometimes sleepers. There are versions that are identical but have a slower aperture, but you can remove the iris and it's the same lens.
F7.7 Rapid View Portrait (or later Cooke Portrait Achromat), about what a Gundlach meniscus goes for.
F11 Rapid View, deduct about 20%

ederphoto
16-Dec-2010, 21:05
The item number was 170580107478 .The seller sold it for $800.00 .He probably needed the money for Christmas shopping .