PDA

View Full Version : 8x10 64T

Greg Blank
14-Dec-2010, 17:38
I am wondering if this film can successfully daylight balanced and achieve excellent results? I see Kodak has a data sheet that gives the specific filtration
but.....was wondering if anyone here has done it and prefers it. I tried 64T once or twice outdoors w/o filters and I imagine it could be sort of interesting, related to saturation and long shutter speeds.

I have the chance to purchase a rather large stock of this film that is currently fresh dated and refrigerator stored.

Brian C. Miller
14-Dec-2010, 18:37
B+W KR3, Tiffen 81C.

vinny
14-Dec-2010, 19:16
I see no reason why not. Proper correction would be an 85b but the movie industry typically uses an 85. Lots of ext day motion picture work is done that way using tungsten color negative.

RPNugent
15-Dec-2010, 05:16
I have used it with an 85B and loved the results. One huge plus is the reciprocity characteristics of this film, which are hard to match.

Drew Wiley
15-Dec-2010, 10:12
Easily balanced unless the film has a color shift from being outdated. But more filters,
especially ones which aren't multicoated inevitably leads to a big of detail degradation.
I'd be a little wary of film over ten years old, frozen or not - the highlights tended to
crossover in outdated film.

Greg Blank
15-Dec-2010, 18:13
Well I checked the film today, its expiration is 11/2011. The boxes are also all the same emulsion. Its been refrigerated since it was purchased. I'll probably purchase a box and give it a try.

Easily balanced unless the film has a color shift from being outdated. But more filters,
especially ones which aren't multicoated inevitably leads to a big of detail degradation.
I'd be a little wary of film over ten years old, frozen or not - the highlights tended to
crossover in outdated film.