PDA

View Full Version : Super Symmar 80mm/4,5 XL vs. Grandagon N 75mm/4,5

Premysl Podesva
2-Jun-2002, 13:12
Hello, what is difference between this two lenses. Which is better, sharper and more co ntrasty. I am looking to buy Grandagon, but I have heard, Super Symmar is sharpe r... What is your experience with this lenses?

Thanks

Jason_1622
2-Jun-2002, 13:45
I don't have an answer, but I have been trying to learn more about the different wide angle lenses for 4x5 and would like someone with an answer to please list average prices for these lenses...

jose angel
2-Jun-2002, 15:50
You can find a list price for this lenses in www.robertwhite.co.uk . I think they have the best price in Schneider lenses (In Europe). I'm so satisfayed with this Grandagon, I never use the 80XL, but you can find a lot of literature about this lens in the archives...

Good luck,

Richard Boulware
2-Jun-2002, 17:53
Have not tested the 80mm SS, but I did purchase the 75mm Grandigon-N 4.5, as well as the same lens in 90mm. The 75 Grandigon is one of the sharpest lenses I have ever tested. Same goes for the 90. With the Rodenstock, we were counting individual leaves on 'plantation shutters', in windows a city block away. The negatives were viewd through a 20X medical binocular microscope and even through the individual clumps of grain on the negative, the resolution of the 75mm Grandigon was amazing...as was the micro contrast.(My term for separating the gray scale in 2mm sections of the negative...which is what a fellow pro were looking at.) Perhaps some other brand is sharper....but I doubt it. Richard Boulware - Richard Boulware Photography - Denver.