PDA

View Full Version : V750 turning itself off

David Higgs
6-Dec-2010, 09:34
anyone have this problem? I have a very lowly spec Imac, so scans take ages, I find that if I'm scanning for over 40 mins the scanner powers off. It'll start again if I unplug it from power and after a little 'rest'. Scanning 120 is quicker and I don't have the problem unless I'm doing a load at once.

Is there a thermal switch in there? Works perfectly when used for the first time in a day, but after prolonged use gives up. I cannot scan a 4x5 at 3200 using ICE.

Other thoughts are that there is a problem with the power supply, as it only restarts once that has been unplugged and re plugged in. Just turning off and on on the scanner power button has no effect. Got my multimeter standing by for the next time it does it.

I'm trying to get it returned, but, its just out of warranty...

Preston
6-Dec-2010, 09:48
There is probably a thermal switch on the PS that protects the entire unit. It's possible the switch is defective or the PS is bad. Unplugging and re-plugging appears to be resetting the internal breaker.

Maybe I'm jsut paranoid, but from a fire safety standpoint, I wouldn't use the scanner until you've isolated and mitigated the problem.

--P

David Higgs
6-Dec-2010, 10:05
I've got another scanner - I'll see if the voltages match and maybe try that - PS unit itself isn't getting hot