PDA

View Full Version : Your Crib

Frank Petronio
30-Nov-2010, 22:57
26 years ago....

http://www.rangefinderforum.com/photopost/data/500/ford_hayduke_3695.jpg

Note the Hayduke Saves bumper sticker and the Spaulding Squadra Course skis duct-taped to the entry columns.

jeroldharter
30-Nov-2010, 23:26
Looks like an early meth lab. The landscaping and window treatments caught my eye, as well as the forlorn beast peering vaguely out the window.

Ron Marshall
30-Nov-2010, 23:56
Kind of you to leave a clear view for your four legged friend.

Frank Petronio
1-Dec-2010, 00:03
Ha I forgot, we trimmed the poly for the dog! We heated the place with scrap wood, by the end of the Oregon Winter we could converse with the mold and everything we owned mildewed.

Brad Rippe
1-Dec-2010, 00:10
Hayduke Lives!

jmooney
1-Dec-2010, 05:58
Gotta love the 3 panel door and the diamond door knob plate.

Eric Rose
1-Dec-2010, 08:58
So what does your crib look like today?

Frank Petronio
1-Dec-2010, 09:11
You know a little Aluminum siding and garden gnomes does wonders....

I was hoping you would post your shots....

Eric James
1-Dec-2010, 09:19
That's a PNW home for sure, with the mossy roof and the pine tree excrement on its way to the dump - but where's the chainsaw carving?

Vaughn
1-Dec-2010, 09:19
My shots of the old hang-outs are all in MF, not LF.

I did not know Kodak wrote "Kodak 320TXP" on their sheet film rebate 26 years ago.

Frank Petronio
1-Dec-2010, 09:37
Yeah there's an extra notch too. I need to step up my fakery.

Vaughn
1-Dec-2010, 09:42
I have used too many films too many years to remember notch codes...

Steve M Hostetter
1-Dec-2010, 11:08
Gotta love that FORD truck !

ROL
1-Dec-2010, 11:16
Certainly takes me back to the time I "did" in Oregon. I say let's keep the thread a Frank-only crib image and discussion. ;)

Vaughn
1-Dec-2010, 11:39
Gotta love that FORD truck !

My last (and only) Ford truck was a 1962 unibody (cab and bed were all one piece). People always asked to borrow it -- but usually only once. It would flood if you looked at the gas pedal too hard while starting it, and the linkage to the transmission had a tendency to disconnect at odd times (and it was only ten years old at the time!)

Steve M Hostetter
1-Dec-2010, 11:46
yeah but you could work on those old fords with very little knowledge of mechanics..
as you could Chevy and Mopar
the new fords are built different from the ground up and a lot more complicated to work on but I have a 2004 f-150 w/ 120,000 miles and no problems.. knock on wood

Frank Petronio
1-Dec-2010, 11:51
That was a 1979 F-100 that went 13 years and 279,000 miles before I gave it to my Uncle to use around the farm. At the end it was sponge painted green and purple with house paint.

Vaughn
1-Dec-2010, 12:17
yeah but you could work on those old fords with very little knowledge of mechanics...

And that accurately describes my working on that truck -- the most adventurous mechanical thing I did was put a new clutch in (breaking a bolt off in the fly wheel in the process, of course). Sold it for what I paid for it ($350) when I went off to college in 1972 -- figured it could not make the 800 mile trip to college, and even then, I could not afford to feed it gas.

One of our family vehicles was a 1960 Dodge pick-up -- now that was a solid beast! I learn to drive in that and in a '69 VW 7-passenger microbus. Got in trouble a few times going back and forth from three-on-the-column (truck) to four-on-the-floor (VW). Where first is on the latter, reverse is on the former!

My next vehicle was a '71 Super Beetle, always driven with a small set of tools and the Idiot Guide under the driver's seat! Gave it to my sister in 1987 with 210,000 miles on it (I got it in 1975 with 55,000 miles on it). Same engine the whole time.

Frank -- if you had all the windows covered with plastic, no wonder the house became mold city! The moisture created from living in a house (cooking, showers, cleaning) is bad enough with lots of ventilation!

Roger Thoms
1-Dec-2010, 12:33
yeah but you could work on those old fords with very little knowledge of mechanics..
as you could Chevy and Mopar
the new fords are built different from the ground up and a lot more complicated to work on but I have a 2004 f-150 w/ 120,000 miles and no problems.. knock on wood

Yeah things were simpler back then. My 05 GMC pickup has a service manual that is 5 volumes. Think 5 books, each the size of a typical yellow pages for a large city. And god help you if you don't have a scanner to read the DTC's.

BTW Frank like the photograph of your old crib and the truck especially.

Roger

cdholden
1-Dec-2010, 12:38
Looks like an early meth lab. The landscaping and window treatments caught my eye, as well as the forlorn beast peering vaguely out the window.

Meth users prefer sex in the doggy style position... so they can both peek out the window.

Frank Petronio
1-Dec-2010, 14:10
Well I wanted to see your cribs but since we've detoured into truck lore, here is my loved Ford moving East, with the U-Haul, pulled over somewhere in Idaho.

Just like Timothy O'Sullivan, in reverse.

Roger Thoms
1-Dec-2010, 14:22
Nice shot and the notch code look more appropriate.

Roger

Frank Petronio
1-Dec-2010, 14:38
ah you guys keep me "honest". I'll drop some T-Max and Plus-X codes soon just to keep you on your toes.

I think I used to be able to tell the difference between TXP and TMX in silver but once you start messing with curves in Photoshop it seems like you can make anything look like anything....

SamReeves
2-Dec-2010, 09:36
I might have to wash up the Expy and shoot a few sheets now. Like the idea.

Jim Galli
2-Dec-2010, 09:46
Well I wanted to see your cribs but since we've detoured into truck lore, here is my loved Ford moving East, with the U-Haul, pulled over somewhere in Idaho.

Just like Timothy O'Sullivan, in reverse.

I worked for Galpin Ford as a 'lot boy' when those fords were new! Man, I wanted one but $6 an hour wasn't gonna make it happen. I had to be happy parking them in perfect clean rows. My 2 best buddies were doing better than me and both bought new f350 pickups loaded with 460's on the same day. I tried to make it a 3-fer offering my uber-clean '56 T-Bird in trade but no avail. Looking back with perfect 20-20 retro-vision, I'd rather have the Thunderbird now. :cool:

Robert Hughes
10-Dec-2010, 11:45
A friend of mine had a mid 1960's Ford with 3 on the tree - except the linkage had failed years before. He had welded two or three bars into the column to operate the shift, and had to remember what the order was every time he used it.

Greg Miller
10-Dec-2010, 14:50
It ain't a real pickup if it ain't got no gun rack! ;)

Have the windows been upgraded from plastic to real glass yet?

Daniel_Buck
10-Dec-2010, 16:22
It ain't a real pickup if it ain't got no gun rack! ;)

you can keep a shotgun a thirty-aught-six with the butt resting in the passenger floor board if you want to go incognito :D

Robert Hughes
14-Dec-2010, 08:49
I worked for Galpin Ford as a 'lot boy' when those fords were new!
One of my friends spent a youthful summer working at a Ford dealership. One day, his repair shop received a pallet filled with hundreds of brand new door handles from the regional office.

"Hey, we don't need all these door handles!"
"Trust us, you will soon..."