PDA

View Full Version : cs5 and a 5 year old 4990

Jeff Graves
30-Nov-2010, 21:23
I'm wanting to move my 5 year old epson 4990 to a new computer with cs5 and windows 7. My question is can I use cs5 as a scanning software to run the scanner or do I need some other software compatible with windows 7 and the scanner? I'm currently using silverfast / photshop elements 3 on windows xp. Also, I really like the silverfast and would be happy to "upgrade" if possible to a version compatible with win7.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jack Dahlgren
30-Nov-2010, 21:38
I'm wanting to move my 5 year old epson 4990 to a new computer with cs5 and windows 7. My question is can I use cs5 as a scanning software to run the scanner or do I need some other software compatible with windows 7 and the scanner? I'm currently using silverfast / photshop elements 3 on windows xp. Also, I really like the silverfast and would be happy to "upgrade" if possible to a version compatible with win7.

Thanks,

Jeff

You need scanning software. Have you tried installing silverfast on a win 7 machine?

Peter Gomena
30-Nov-2010, 23:25
Check the Silverfast website. They're usually very good about keeping their software current.

Peter Gomena

rdenney
1-Dec-2010, 09:14
I think Silverfast's twain interface is only 32-bit.

You might also consider VueScan. The newest version will scan directly into Photoshop, though I've not tried the feature yet (I just read about it today). It will support Windows 7, both 32 and 64-bit versions.

http://www.hamrick.com

Rick "who has two scanners and was miffed to discover that Silverfast AI would only support one of them per license" Denney

Jeff Graves
1-Dec-2010, 20:30
Thanks guys, I've been to the silverfast site and was delighted to see upgradable software. Rick thanks for the heads up...I'll check out Vuescan.

Cheers,

Jeff