PDA

View Full Version : Where to get slide film processed?

Discoman
30-Nov-2010, 15:23
Okay, I just shot some E-6 ISO 64 fujifilm color slide film in 4x5, and I need to get it developed.
I don't have a home developer, so I plan on either sending it out. preferably, a place in sacramento or not much further south-that way I can drive it there myself.
problem is, I need a place that will send me my film holders back, as they are on loan from my photography class, and I have no other way to send the film safely.
plus, they are taped shut for security, and I really need them back.
any good service that you guys have good experience with would be appreciated.
thanks.

domaz
30-Nov-2010, 16:08
Why not get a film box and a dark bag? Then you can send your slides out without worrying about losing your loaned film holders. A dark bag is probably going to cost you not much more than $30 and film boxes (or 5x7 B&W Paper boxes) you can probably get free.

Roger Thoms
30-Nov-2010, 16:52
Why not get a film box and a dark bag? Then you can send your slides out without worrying about losing your loaned film holders. A dark bag is probably going to cost you not much more than $30 and film boxes (or 5x7 B&W Paper boxes) you can probably get free.

My thoughts too. If you needs a film box maybe ask around at school, or here on the forum. Heck I probably have a few I'm not using. PM me in you need a box or two. A film changing bag or even better a tent is handy too, but I'm assuming you loaded the holders so just unload them in the same place you loaded them.

As far as a lab can't help you there as I shoot black and white. But whether you find a local lab or have to mail your film some place for processing it going to be better to down load your film into boxes.

Roger