PDA

View Full Version : Camera Fogging

dbla
26-Nov-2010, 07:44
Hey guys,

Quick question, how do you deal with your camera fogging up when photographing while it's cold out? Is it simply a matter of allowing the camera and lens to acclimate to the outside temp?? Just curious if you guys had any tips??

-a

Erik Larsen
26-Nov-2010, 08:12
Let it get cold and use a snorkel under the dark cloth or hold your breath while focusing.
regards,
erik

Gem Singer
26-Nov-2010, 08:26
Keeping a warm camera and/or lens in a container, such as a sealed plastic bag, while it is cooling down to the outside temperature usually avoids the problem of moisture condensation.

Mark Stahlke
26-Nov-2010, 08:42
Keeping a warm camera and/or lens in a container, such as a sealed plastic bag, while it is cooling down to the outside temperature usually avoids the problem of moisture condensation.This also works well for warming up the camera/lens when you bring it back inside.

John Powers
30-Nov-2010, 12:30
If you are going to shoot in the morning, load camera, lenses and film holders into your vehicle the night before. This of course only works if you have secure parking. The only problem I have had with this is old Ilex shutters not liking the cold.

John

Vaughn
30-Nov-2010, 12:50
When photographing in below 0C temps, I keep the camera/lens cold (out in the garage), but bring the light meter in (batteries). I tend to hold my breath, or use the darkcloth to funnel my breath away from the GG. A hankerchief is a handy thing to carry along, too.

The other kind of fogging I get is when using the camera in a warm climate out in the sun for the first time after a long time in Humboldt County. The sun on the black bellows causes stream to build up inside the camera -- fogging the back of the lens and the GG. I have to take the back and the lens off for a short while and air out the camera innards.