PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need any parts for an Elwood 8x10 Enlarger?

AJ Edmondson
24-Nov-2010, 07:05
It's the end of an era (for me)... dismantled my Elwood Cast Aluminum 8x10 Enlarger yesterday to gain more room in the darkroom (I now work with 4x5 and 6x6 only). If anyone is in need of any parts please let me know (by PM) before I move the "beast" to the barn loft. I don't have the huge silvered "dome" as I replaced it with an Aristo 8x10 head twenty-five years ago but everything else is present - no baseboard because it was counter mounted.

Bob Chambers
24-Nov-2010, 09:01
Are you selling the Aristo head? If so what model is it?

AJ Edmondson
24-Nov-2010, 11:10
I would be glad to sell the head... it is an Aristo 810 with a W45 Tube as I recall... but I would really be concerned about shipping for fear the tube would get broken! My experience with both UPS and FEDEX in the last year have not been "confidence-inspiring" to say the least.

Bob Chambers
24-Nov-2010, 12:37
Is it a variable contrast head?

AJ Edmondson
24-Nov-2010, 14:30
Not the VC Head... the W45 Tube (if I recall correctly) is about 4500 Degrees Kelvin so the use of VC Papers requires using the 1 or 2 Filter. Graded papers are no problem and the head is pretty "fast" - I always used a Variac to "slow it down" though I saw very little shift in the effects of the colder tube - just a decrease in intensity.

AJ Edmondson
24-Nov-2010, 16:40
The bellows, cranks and rods, counterbalance springs are spoken for along with the column and base sans geared rail.

ic-racer
24-Nov-2010, 17:16
Negative carrier available??

AJ Edmondson
24-Nov-2010, 20:34
Yes the aluminum 810 negative carrier is available.

Jeff Bannow
26-Nov-2010, 05:59
I'm interested in the negative carrier if still on offer.

AJ Edmondson
26-Nov-2010, 11:15
Jeff... I am waiting to hear from ic-racer since he was the first to inquire. If he doesn't want it then I'll let you know. The only cost involved is the shipping because my intent was to try to help some folks who have one of these "behemoths" with parts. I have had inquiries about the cold-light head but am reluctant to sell it because the tubes are so fragile and, with Aristo out-of business I fear that someone would be disappointed if they bought it and it was damaged in transit!
Regards,
Joel

Jeff Bannow
26-Nov-2010, 11:38
Jeff... I am waiting to hear from ic-racer since he was the first to inquire.

He's actually the one that directed me to this thread - he's a friend of mine. I assume he won't mind. :)

ic-racer
26-Nov-2010, 14:59
He's actually the one that directed me to this thread - he's a friend of mine. I assume he won't mind. :)

Yes, Joel, I was asking on behalf on Jeff who needs a carrier.

AJ Edmondson
26-Nov-2010, 19:47
PM me with an address Jeff... I'll get it packed and on the way to you. Great to see that you have friends (ic-racer) looking out for you!

AJ Edmondson
26-Nov-2010, 20:02
Glad to see that the parts from the old 810 will live on... I think that all of the useable parts are pretty well spoken for. Long live the Forum!!!

Jeff Bannow
26-Nov-2010, 21:03
PM me with an address Jeff... I'll get it packed and on the way to you. Great to see that you have friends (ic-racer) looking out for you!

PM sent. It sure is good to have friends, eh?