PDA

View Full Version : So Cal Darkroom

David G Hall
22-May-2002, 10:26
Sorry to bug a global forum for this question, but...

Does anyone know where in Southern California one can find a rental darkroom? I had a great darjkroom for years, moved and now cannot have a wet darkroom where I live so I have a digital one, and I do film in the sink in Pattersons and Jobos. But sometimes I want to be able to make real prints without dots. And sometimes I want to develop my 8x10 film, which I currently have to send out.

Help!

There was a place called LA Darkroom that all the camera stores refer me to but it went out of business in February and in fact is still selling off all of it's equipment, if anyone is interested.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer...

dgh

Steve Feldman
22-May-2002, 10:33
D.,

What area of L. A. are you? L. A. Parks & Rec. used to have one in dntwn LA and Encino/Tarzana area. The Learning Tree in Chatsworth (SFV) may be able to help.

S.

David G Hall
22-May-2002, 10:45
I am on the east side. Near Pasadena.

Frank Lahorgue
22-May-2002, 10:58
A good source recently mentioned that Translight Colors, one of the world's greatest rental darkrooms, has moved to Montrose.

Jim_3122
22-May-2002, 11:22
You may want to see if the Darkroom Workshop still rents. They're located in Pasadena at the corner of Hill and Walnut 626-793-8174 http://sites.calendarlive.com/darkroomwrkshop/

dan nguyen
22-May-2002, 12:03
How about a Community College with one unit for lab fee?

David_2912
22-May-2002, 12:34
Try Glendale Community College, you will have take a class but they have a good program there, both B+W and color.