PDA

View Full Version : Efke IR820c in 5x7 - any interest?

SocalAstro
16-Nov-2010, 08:39
I recently contacted Freestyle about the possibility of getting Efke IR820c film in 5x7 and their reply was:

>The IR820c film is available in 5x7/50 sheet boxes in either 820c or the
>Aura. The price is $156.99/box wit a minimum order of 15 boxes.
>Freestyle does not stock these items and would have to be Special
>Ordered for you.

>Please note that Special Ordered items are non cancelable and non
>returnable once the order is placed.

I do not need more than 1 or possibly two boxes; I was sondering if there is enough interest to meet the 15 box minimum requirement to make this viable for those interested int his film

Thanks,
Leon

BetterSense
16-Nov-2010, 09:02
After getting two consecutive boxes of fogged IR820 (admittedly from the same emulsion number), I'd personally be wary of buying IR820 in any size.

ghostcount
16-Nov-2010, 09:03
I'm in.

Mark Woods
16-Nov-2010, 10:27
I'm in, but I'd like to hear more from BetterSense about his experiences.

BetterSense
16-Nov-2010, 12:46
I don't mean to scare you. I ordered some 4x5 IR820 Aura from freestyle this summer and it turned out to be fogged in a strange pattern. I ordered another box so as not to have my project go on hold, but it was fogged in an identical pattern (it was marked with the same emulsion number). I sent both boxes back to freestyle who credited me their purchase price but I never did reorder any and my project fell through. Obviously not everyone has had this happen, but if you buy some I would suggest developing a sheet from the top and bottom of the stack right off, before wasting any exposures finding out if it's good.

Robert Hall
16-Nov-2010, 12:54
I would get a box, but would prefer 8x10.

Jan Pedersen
16-Nov-2010, 13:14
Bettersense, Are you sure it is the film that is fogged and not your equipment that could cause this?
If you don't mind what camera are you using when shooting Efke 820 infrared?

SocalAstro
16-Nov-2010, 13:29
Robert,

There is a seller on Ebay that has this in 8x10. I split a box with Randy (ghostcount) recently that we bought from him (Thought I have yet to cut/shoot it in my 4x10)

http://cgi.ebay.com/8x10-EFKE-Infrared-Sheet-Film-50-Sheet-Box-/120496275285?pt=Film_Cameras&hash=item1c0e233f55

-Leon

I would get a box, but would prefer 8x10.

BetterSense
16-Nov-2010, 14:15
Bettersense, Are you sure it is the film that is fogged and not your equipment that could cause this?
If you don't mind what camera are you using when shooting Efke 820 infrared?

Yes, I eliminated the equipment as a cause. The film was fogged when I tested it straight out of the package, without even loading into film holders. I did shoot some of it in a speed graphic. The film was fogged around the edges in a particular pattern; other than that, the film performed fine, and suffered no additional fogging or anything other than what it came with. I could have cut it down to a smaller format and it would have been fine but I don't have a smaller sheet film camera.

rguinter
17-Nov-2010, 10:49
Can count me in for one box.

I would prefer the regular (non-aura). I have both in 4x5 but don't use the aura as often.. Bob G.

SocalAstro
17-Nov-2010, 11:22
Good point; this whole effort is for the NON-AURA flavor of this film. I tried the aura in 120 and didn't like the "foggy" look it had.

-Leon

Can count me in for one box.

I would prefer the regular (non-aura). I have both in 4x5 but don't use the aura as often.. Bob G.