PDA

View Full Version : Best developer for ADOX MCC

Toyon
15-Nov-2010, 17:47
Hello, I like the new Adox MCC papers but have had a hard time finding a developer that can produce really velvety blacks. To date I have tried, EcoPrint, Dektol 1:2 and Moersch cold tone. None are ideal. Anyone find something better?

PViapiano
15-Nov-2010, 18:09
Have you tried Ansco 130?

Also, there may be some info on the Freestyle Photo site, since many printers have been heralding the paper in their recent catalog.

letchhausen
15-Nov-2010, 21:26
I've been using Clayton Ultracold with good results. I've also been printing with higher contrast filters than I normally do. About a stop higher than what I would print when using Bergger. Also, I'm all about the blacks.....the only thing I don't like is that the Adox doesn't tone well compared to Bergger, doesn't get that bluish tinge to it. However it does have very nice tonal separation. Of course I fix that by pushing the contrast even more.....

mikebarger
16-Nov-2010, 03:57
+1 for Ansco 130

IanG
16-Nov-2010, 03:59
Neutol WA, Ilford Warmtone or ID-78 are all superb with MCC.

Ian

David Karp
16-Nov-2010, 07:18
Zonal Pro HQ Warmtone made a nice warmtone image for me. Tektol Black made a nice neutral to perhaps slightly cold image. Sal also recommends the Neutol W for a less extreme warmtone.

Drew Wiley
16-Nov-2010, 10:10
It's not really a cold-toned paper at all, so will disappoint if this is what you expect.
It doesn't respond very well to the cooling effect of gold toners like GP1 either. The
range and DMax of the paper can be impressive however, given the appropriate subject. I too have gotten the best results with Ansco 130.

Scotty230358
16-Nov-2010, 12:26
You could try Tetenal Documol. Its a very cold developer that used to cool down Forte Polywarmtone down very nicely.. Alternatively try one of the many Amidol formulae that are published on the net. Feinne's Amidol is one that I have used and it gives very nice blacks.

Eric Biggerstaff
16-Nov-2010, 13:44
Clayton P-20 at 1+6 for 2.5 minutes is what I use and I am very happy with the results

matthew klos
6-Dec-2010, 17:16
i actually have been printing on this all weekend long, and i have to say i love this paper. The tonal range i was able to get i thought was amazing! I was using the Platinum II developer by Edwal.