PDA

View Full Version : Chamonix in Santa Cruz

Dave Hally
15-Nov-2010, 12:17
Hi all,
Does anyone living in the Santa Cruz CA area use a Chamonix 4x5 camera? I am contemplating buying one and would like to see / handle one in the flesh before I purchase one. I don't need to shoot any film, but if you want to go out and shoot some, I'm not opposed, and could spring for lunch or something.
TIA
Dave

Harley Goldman
15-Nov-2010, 16:32
If you happen to make it south to Santa Barbara, I could help you out.

Dave Hally
15-Nov-2010, 19:04
If you happen to make it south to Santa Barbara, I could help you out.

Thanks, Harley, I don't think I'll be able to make a run down that way until after the new year. Very nice photos, by the way, I especially like the little manzanita in the red rocks and also the Desert bloom shots.
Dave

Sirius Glass
15-Nov-2010, 19:17
Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara ... both start the same way ... they are really close ... about 5 inches apart on the map. :)

Harley Goldman
16-Nov-2010, 16:44
Dave,

Thanks for the comments!

Offer stands if you don't find a Cham to play with until after the new year. It seems to be getting here rather quickly.

Dave Hally
17-Nov-2010, 12:53
No one closer to the Snata Cruz area? San Francisco, San Jose, Monterey, Salinas?
Thanks,
dave

Curt Palm
18-Nov-2010, 12:51
Just saw this. I have the 45n-1 version of this camera. It lives in Morgan Hill (just south of San Jose), but I could bring it to work with me in Palo Alto. - a bring you camera to work day.

Dave Hally
18-Nov-2010, 13:07
Just saw this. I have the 45n-1 version of this camera. It lives in Morgan Hill (just south of San Jose), but I could bring it to work with me in Palo Alto. - a bring you camera to work day.

Curt, Thank you. I've had a few PMs with a guy closer, so if that doesn't work out, I get back in touch with you. I have friends in Morgan Hill, So I have another excuse to go there. I also get to PA sonetimes, but thats usually on a Saturday, so that probably wouldn't work.
I''l be in touch.
Dave

Brian Vuillemenot
18-Nov-2010, 17:50
Santa Cruz to Santa Barbara ... both start the same way ... they are really close ... about 5 inches apart on the map. :)

You guys could meet in the middle sometime and shoot at the Oceano Dunes- a very cool landscape photography site

Dave Hally
18-Nov-2010, 18:32
You guys could meet in the middle sometime and shoot at the Oceano Dunes- a very cool landscape photography site

Hmm- Never been there, I'll have to think about that, usually if I take a longer trip than one day, it over the Sierras. Or to Utah. I'll keep that in mind.
Dave

Dave Hally
20-Nov-2010, 16:14
Just to recap, John in La Selva Beach came by and let me set up and handle his Chamonix. Thats all it took. I'm putting in my order for the next batch.
Thanks for everyone's help and suggestions!
Dave

john wood
20-Nov-2010, 20:08
Was a pleasure to meet you and talk shop...

R Shaffer
21-Nov-2010, 10:33
Was a pleasure to meet you and talk shop...

WOW! I did not realize there was another La Selvan into Large Format, not that I should be all that surprised. I shoot 4x5 and 8x10 and know of one other La Selvan who also shoots LF. Not to mention another La Selvan who is an incredible Alt-printer, her gum prints are truly outstanding.

Shoot me a PM if you want to talk shop and share prints.