PDA

View Full Version : Lens Board for Schneider 90 mm Super Angulon

Steve Potter
14-Nov-2010, 17:50
I have a new (used) Schneider 90 mm Super Angulon mounted in a Copal N 0.0 shutter that I wish to use with my Sinar 4x5. What is the correct size hole in the 140 mm lens board? Does it need to be recessed? If so, how deep?

(I'm assuming that the new and used lens boards I see advertised that say they are for a Copal 0 shutter are the correct diameter.)

Thanks for advice on this.

David Lindquist
14-Nov-2010, 22:23
I have a new (used) Schneider 90 mm Super Angulon mounted in a Copal N 0.0 shutter that I wish to use with my Sinar 4x5. What is the correct size hole in the 140 mm lens board? Does it need to be recessed? If so, how deep?

(I'm assuming that the new and used lens boards I see advertised that say they are for a Copal 0 shutter are the correct diameter.)

Thanks for advice on this.

The nominal size hole for a no. 0 Copal (or Compur) shutter is 35 mm. It would be reasonable to expect that a lens board described as being bored for a Copal 0 shutter would have the right size hole.

With the Sinar a recessed board is not necessary when using a 90 mm Super Angulon. From my experience it's also not necessary with a 75 mm (in my case a Fujinon SW) lens.
David Lindquist

Steve Potter
15-Nov-2010, 07:33
Thanks so much, David.