PDA

View Full Version : The 8X10 shot I'm pleased with.

timing
14-Nov-2010, 08:46
Recently I moved up to 8x10 with a Deardorff V8 bought from these boards.

After an age to get film shipped to Istanbul and getting over processing issues with the Orbital processor (thanks to the guys on the UK LF forum), I finally developed a sheet that really pleased me.

The shot was taken in the wonderland that is Capadoccia in Central Turkey.

Almost all the over shots from the trip were a little dull partly thanks to the dull weather but this one really stood out.

Critiques welcome.

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs493.ash2/76617_10150298181320096_625195095_15989106_2658449_n.jpg

Steve M Hostetter
14-Nov-2010, 08:54
I sure like it! :) looks like you used a 300mm lens?

CarstenW
14-Nov-2010, 08:55
Very nice composition and tonality.

Richard M. Coda
14-Nov-2010, 09:14
Very nice. Dull weather for interiors like this should be perfect. More shadow detail, less hot spots, and you can play with the contrast when printing. We would kill for overcast days like that here in Arizona.

Jay Decker
14-Nov-2010, 09:17
... After an age to get film shipped to Istanbul and getting over processing issues with the Orbital processor (thanks to the guys on the UK LF forum), I finally developed a sheet that really pleased me.

Wonderful image! Capadoccia must have some amazing photography opportunities.

Glad to hear that you were perseverient with 8x10 and that you are now starting to see the rewards. And, there is good news - it keeps getting better! I more or less started with 8x10, and it took me a long time to get my 8x10 camera, funky old lenses and shutters, and developing process working and then my craft with them to the point where I could get predictable results. Looks like you are well on your way!

Jim Cole
14-Nov-2010, 09:22
Well done! I'd be proud of that one myself. It's got great balance. Love my V8, too. Haven't broken it out in my new home state yet, but it won't be long. Just this morning I found a place that could turn into a whole portfolio.

As Jay said, it just keeps getting better!

sultanofcognac
15-Nov-2010, 07:35
çok güzel! I like the loneliness of the shot. There is not only history in this image, but that corner conjures visions of stories that one can only imagine.

I haven't been to Capadoccia since the 1970s when I lived in Adana - I wish I could go there now with my 8 x 10!

How is it photographing in Istanbul with LF? I plan to visit some old friends next year and take some gear along.

evan clarke
15-Nov-2010, 08:17
Beautiful, I am fascinated with Capadoccia but am pretty sure I will never get to visit..Evan Clarke