PDA

View Full Version : 8 x 10 Plaubel Peco Profia: Wooden Parts?

Glen Krueger
10-Nov-2010, 23:19
I have a complete 8 x 10 Plaubel Peco Profia that I'm selling on eBay, and I have some questions about it. The large (8 x 10) end of the accordian and soft bellows appear to be made from wood, which surprised me. It's so well made that it's only apparent under very close examination: the wood appears to be machined. Is this typical of these gigantic cameras? Everything else is black aluminum, and the front and rear standards have rack-and-pinion vertical adjustment. This thing is such a brute I could barely lift it onto the heavy-duty Gitzo tripod.

sultanofcognac
14-Nov-2010, 00:41
I have the same camera and use it with my Arca Swiss Z1 head on a Berlebach wooden tripod. It's really a shame to sell such a well-made 'monster'.

I do love to photograph with the Profia, and it has seen somewhat of a revival, as my other LF cameras have sat and watched it go out the door with me lately. I used it last in a promotional photo for an exhibition I had with a friend who is a painter.

Good luck with the auction :cool:

Miguel Coquis
14-Nov-2010, 14:50
yeah, particularly useful with heavy lenses like aero ektar 300 mm f:2,5 or a dellor 500 mm f:4,5 !