PDA

View Full Version : Keith Canham Interview

Duane Polcou
5-Nov-2010, 23:51
Greetings.

I am the co-host of a podcast on film photography. Last week, at the PDN Photo Plus Expo in NYC, I did some interviews I felt might be of interest to some folks on this forum. In particuliar, Keith Canham, Canham Cameras Inc., manufacturer of beautiful large and ultra-large format cameras, talks about choosing wood stock, film formats, and his partnership with Kodak in distributing odd sizes of film stocks. Also Eric Joseph, from Freestyle in Ca. and Scott DeSabato from Kodak talk about the future of film.

You can hear the interviews at www.filmphotographypodcast.com, via download, stream, and iTunes.

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu205/duanepolcou/PDN2010.jpg

A Polaroid (!!) of Me, Scott, and Keith.

dsim
6-Nov-2010, 00:28
Thanks for posting.

GPS
6-Nov-2010, 02:51
You can hear the interviews at www.filmphotographypodcast.com, via download, stream, and iTunes.

I used to go to the PDN Expo each year.
After 5 min of listening to the podcast I gave it up. It was like listening to people's garbage talk on mobiles when passing them on a sidewalk. Sorry for the 5 min...:(

Richard K.
6-Nov-2010, 06:30
You can click ahead to the start of the Canham interview at 47:55....

Duane Polcou
6-Nov-2010, 12:03
Granted, the podcasts are long, tailored towards beginners, and are definitely not LF specific, which is why I referenced Keith, Eric, and Scott in particuliar. Richard, thanks for mentioning at what point the interview begins. As for the other comment, well I guess it must be easy to trash what other people do when you don't post using your actual name.

Andrew Plume
7-Nov-2010, 07:15
Granted, the podcasts are long, tailored towards beginners, and are definitely not LF specific, which is why I referenced Keith, Eric, and Scott in particuliar. Richard, thanks for mentioning at what point the interview begins. As for the other comment, well I guess it must be easy to trash what other people do when you don't post using your actual name.

Hi Duane - I'll catch up with this shortly, thx for posting it on here - whether the 'unnamed member' is right or not is imho neither here nor there and it's not a constructive comment, any interview with Keith Canham is I'm sure a valuable addition to this forum

thx again and regards

andrew

Charles Hohenstein
7-Nov-2010, 17:03
I like the podcast and thought that the one featuring the PDN Expo interviews was especially fine. The podcast is getting people interested in film photography, and several have expressed an interest in large format. Also, they take their listener emails seriously and read several of them on most podcasts. There is an associated Flickr group. It's a podcast for people who want to enjoy the fun of photography, and the more of that we have, the better.

roteague
7-Nov-2010, 17:37
I am the co-host of a podcast on film photography. Last week, at the PDN Photo Plus Expo in NYC, I did some interviews I felt might be of interest to some folks on this forum. In particuliar, Keith Canham, Canham Cameras Inc., manufacturer of beautiful large and ultra-large format cameras, talks about choosing wood stock, film formats, and his partnership with Kodak in

Thanks, I heard the podcast and subscribed to it on my Zune HD. I also submitted your podcast to the Zune Marketplace, which I hope gets approved.

Tim Povlick
7-Nov-2010, 19:46
Hi Duane,

I listened to the entire podcast and wanted to pass on my compliments on an interesting production. Listening to fellow film enthusiasts was uplifting. The interviews with Canham Cameras, Kodak and Freestyle were very interesting.

Keep up the good work; looking forward to more.

Best Regards,

Tim

IanMazursky
9-Nov-2010, 00:32
I met Keith Canham at the Kodak booth on Thursday at the expo.
He was great to talk with and a really cool guy. His commitment to quality and traditional photography was refreshing. I hope one day to own one of cameras.
I was really happy to hear that he is working with Kodak to cull ULF orders into one group order.
I know some have tried in the past but after talking with Keith, i felt he is really committed to this.

It was also great to see FreeStyle and talk with them. They are also very committed to traditional photography.