PDA

View Full Version : Lens Fitment Question - Fuji and Graphic

jmooney
3-Nov-2010, 15:57
Hi All,

This may be a stupid question but I'm kinda new to this so bear with me. I have a Crown Graphic with a standard press camera sized lens on it. I recently picked up a Fujinon-W 90mm and 210mm. Providing the appropriate lensboards, is there any reason these lenses wouldn't work on the Crown? There are two things that seem like they could be a problem to me and that's weight and the bellows being too short, are those issues? Any info is much appreciated.

Take care,

Jim

BradS
3-Nov-2010, 16:06
Of course, the rangefinder is not calibrated for anything but the stock lens and neither of the new lenses will likely fit in the camera when it is closed (depends on which 210 you have). But, other than that, the 210 will work beautifully. The 90mm will also work but it may or may not be somewhat more difficult to use. If you have to drop the bed to keep the rails out of the photo, then the 90mm will, obviously be more difficult to use than either the stock 135mm or 127mm or the 210mm but it is still usable.

Roboflick
3-Nov-2010, 17:09
I used a 90mm with my crown graphic and dropped the bed, it will show up in the image otherwise.
Nik

BradS
3-Nov-2010, 17:11
I used a 90mm with my crown graphic and dropped the bed, it will show up in the image otherwise.
Nik

It really depends on which 90mm you have. Some do, some do not. I've not owned any Fujinon 90mm lenses and so, cannot say whether the one the OP has will or won't.

jmooney
3-Nov-2010, 18:41
Thanks guys. The camera is a striped down field camera clone type of deal so no RF or anything like that to worry about and dropping the bed is no big deal, I probably would have done that anyway because that combined with tilting the tripod head lets you fake rear tilt....

I'm not worried about folding it with these guys either, I'll just carry the lenses separately.

Thanks again!

Jim