PDA

View Full Version : Finally got a Topcor Horseman 90 f5.6 for the FA

ic-racer
2-Nov-2010, 15:12
Due to the small front standard of the Horseman FA 4x5, there is only one 90mm f5.6 lens that fits through the hole. That is the Topcor LF 90 f5.6 (Also seen as Caltar HR).

It is indeed a tight fit. In fact a protector ring needs to be removed from the back of the lens (leaving the rear element exposed) to fit the lens in the hole.

The days are getting short this time of the year, so I'll have to wait until a weekend to try it out.

Dan Fromm
2-Nov-2010, 15:28
Um, ic, why limit yourself to lenses whose rear cells will clear y'r cameras lens throat?

To mount a lens whose rear cell won't clear, unscrew the rear cell, attach board with shutter and front cell, and reattach the rear cell from the rear. I know it sounds awful and painful and dangerous and all that, but that's what I have to do to mount my 35/4.5 Apo-Grandagon on my Century Graphic. 58/5.6 Grandy too. What I can do, you can do.

Armin Seeholzer
2-Nov-2010, 16:08
In thad case I would even prefer the Rodenstock f6.8 which fits with its 60mm true the whole or in my case I sold my 90 f 8 Super Angulon with the 00 shutter and buyed a 75mm f 4.5 Nikkor!

Did not have much use for the 90 but have now also one but only use it on the Sinar!

Cheers Armin

Dan you can do it but I don't want to do it at all;--))

ic-racer
2-Nov-2010, 19:36
Here are two Topcor 90mm f5.6 that sometimes get confused by description (but obviously different in real life). Also shown is the Topcor 210mm.