PDA

View Full Version : What's it worth (4X5)

wskmosaic
2-Nov-2010, 10:12
I've got an ugly but fully functional (light-tight bellows, working and reasonbly accurate focal plane shutter, straight tracks, etc.) PreAnniversary Speed Graphic. I've been using it as field camera, despite its limited front movement (up only) for some years, along with a TiltAll Pro tripod and three reasonable lenses (a 90 mm Schneider Kreuznach Angulon in a Compur Rapid rim-set, a 150 mm Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar in a Compur rim-set and a 10-inch Ross Homocentric in a brass barrel, which works fine with the FP shutter. And some extras--11 of the hard-to find film holders for this SG, most of a 50-sheet box of fresh FP4 Plus, a custom made filter adapter so I could use my 52 mm Nikon filsters, and the like. I am getting too old to deal with it ; It's a working outfit, and I'd like to find it a good home. Does anybody have any idea what a package like this is worth?
tnx
Warren

Jack Dahlgren
2-Nov-2010, 14:14
I've got an ugly but fully functional (light-tight bellows, working and reasonbly accurate focal plane shutter, straight tracks, etc.) PreAnniversary Speed Graphic. I've been using it as field camera, despite its limited front movement (up only) for some years, along with a TiltAll Pro tripod and three reasonable lenses (a 90 mm Schneider Kreuznach Angulon in a Compur Rapid rim-set, a 150 mm Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar in a Compur rim-set and a 10-inch Ross Homocentric in a brass barrel, which works fine with the FP shutter. And some extras--11 of the hard-to find film holders for this SG, most of a 50-sheet box of fresh FP4 Plus, a custom made filter adapter so I could use my 52 mm Nikon filsters, and the like. I am getting too old to deal with it ; It's a working outfit, and I'd like to find it a good home. Does anybody have any idea what a package like this is worth?
tnx
Warren

It is probably worth more in pieces than as a package.
Tripod $50-100
Camera body $75-200
Film Holders $3-10 each
Angulon $100-200
Film $20
Not sure about the rest of the stuff.

Look at ebay for current pricing or call KEH and see what they will offer then put it in the for sale section.

wskmosaic
2-Nov-2010, 14:36
Thnks.
w

It is probably worth more in pieces than as a package.
Tripod $50-100
Camera body $75-200
Film Holders $3-10 each
Angulon $100-200
Film $20
Not sure about the rest of the stuff.

Look at ebay for current pricing or call KEH and see what they will offer then put it in the for sale section.