PDA

View Full Version : Crawley

evan clarke
1-Nov-2010, 12:10
R.I.P. Geoffrey Crawley.....

Keith Tapscott.
1-Nov-2010, 13:29
I saw that today, sad news.
http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Renowned_photography_scientist_Geoffrey_Crawley_dies_news_303286.html

Merg Ross
1-Nov-2010, 14:22
His contributions to photography were immense. I still refer to the technical section of the 1964 British Journal of Photography, written and edited by Mr. Crawley. In it are most of his FX-series formulae, along with succinct explanations of the photographic process. I learned a great deal from him.

Jan Pedersen
1-Nov-2010, 15:14
Sad news. I use Crawley's FX37 and find it to be a very special developer. R.I.P

Andrew Plume
2-Nov-2010, 07:50
............yes, a much appreciated and respected contributor to photography per se

andrew

evan clarke
2-Nov-2010, 09:49
His contributions to photography were immense. I still refer to the technical section of the 1964 British Journal of Photography, written and edited by Mr. Crawley. In it are most of his FX-series formulae, along with succinct explanations of the photographic process. I learned a great deal from him.

At one time, I was held captive by the notion that negatives needed to be bulletproof aka really, really dense. I read one of Crawley's articles where he said that negatives should be as thin as possible while recording all the information. I adopted this because it just made sense to me and never looked back. I am grateful for this little gem of wisdom..EC

Acheron Photography
7-Nov-2010, 02:46
You know, I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about Crawley the town, and really wondering what aesthetic lessons cou;d be drawn from it. Boy do I feel embarrassed...

David.