PDA

View Full Version : Champion Promicrol.

Sinar-Man
29-Oct-2010, 09:51
Is this developer suitable for 4x5 Ilford 100 Delta and use in a rotary Jobo processor at 24C?
http://www.championphotochemistry.com/_uploads/files/110308144921_Promicrol%20tds.pdf

Pawlowski6132
29-Oct-2010, 11:59
I don't know.

David Swinnard
29-Oct-2010, 12:19
Their data sheet suggests a starting time for 24C processing with Delta 100. They even mention continuous agitation. The data sheet implies this film, developer, and machine processing are compatible.

Do you have a specific concern with this combination or are you looking for opinions from someone who has used this product?

IanG
29-Oct-2010, 12:37
The original was, the newer versions should be. One of the original developing agents went out of production, it was used in a non photographic application in Russia & when the use ceased it was no longer commercially viable to manufacture. Only Promicrol and Atomal/A49(Calbe) used it.

Promicrol was a highly successful May & Baker developer, they were taken over and became part of Champion.

The times listed for One shot machine processing are for Jobo & similar rotary processors.

Ian

Sinar-Man
29-Oct-2010, 13:41
Their data sheet suggests a starting time for 24C processing with Delta 100. They even mention continuous agitation. The data sheet implies this film, developer, and machine processing are compatible.

Do you have a specific concern with this combination or are you looking for opinions from someone who has used this product?
I was not sure if the machine processing mentioned was for the sort used in photographic mini-labs. It is sold by Firstcall Photographic in England and looks good value for money. Yes I would like opinions if anyone has used it.

Thank you David.

Sinar-Man
31-Oct-2010, 05:27
As this developer is not widely known, would DDX be a better choice?
Does any body here use it and how well does it work with Delta 100, FP4+ and T-MAX 400? I want to move away from powders (ID11).

IanG
31-Oct-2010, 05:45
Champion chemistryis excellentm so why not try it. Remember that at one time they ,anufactured for both Iford & Paterson, and now make all Kodak's chemistry. B&W and Colour.

Ian

Phil Hudson
1-Nov-2010, 20:44
In my experience Promicrol is rather harsh for general use, especially with continuous agitation. Maybe I never got to grips with it but my HP5 always came out rather too contrasty, and a bit grainy even at lower times. I stopped using it in favour of Tmax RS and Xtol.

Keith Tapscott.
2-Nov-2010, 05:04
Ilford DD-X could be a better choice if you want a liquid alternative to ID-11 (D-76).
It is described by one of it's formulators on this page.
Dave Butcher was a former Ilford chemist.
http://www.davebutcher.co.uk/equipment