PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sinar F1 film holder focusing back

snikorts
28-Oct-2010, 09:12
I purchased used Sinar F1 on ebay and it comes without focusing back holder. The bad thing is that used Sinar focusing backs are really rare an some times too expensive on ebay. Is there other options arround online stores for Sinar used parts? I live in Latvia (EU), so online shopping for LF is ony choice for me.

Bob McCarthy
28-Oct-2010, 09:17
I'm confused, what do you mean for "focusing back holder".

bob

snikorts
28-Oct-2010, 09:35
Probably I messed up with terminology :) , but it looks like this one http://www.capturescanprint.com/_pics/metering_back.jpg

Could other brand focusing backs fit to Sinar F1?

Bob McCarthy
28-Oct-2010, 10:39
I don't believe so, but there may be a Sinar clone part or so that can be exchanged (Horseman??).

How unusual that you got the frame w/o the GG and back. They normally fly in formation together. You should be able to acquire this on ebay. You'll likely you have a second frame to store.

bob

snikorts
28-Oct-2010, 11:02
As I said before used Sinar F1 with Caltar II-N 210mm f/5.6 lens was bought on ebay for 360$. Used Sinar focusing backs are really rare or too expensive on ebay.
I am looking for alternative online store for used Sinar parts or different solution with other brand backs.

Bob McCarthy
28-Oct-2010, 12:42
As I said before used Sinar F1 with Caltar II-N 210mm f/5.6 lens was bought on ebay for 360$. Used Sinar focusing backs are really rare or too expensive on ebay.
I am looking for alternative online store for used Sinar parts or different solution with other brand backs.

There may have been a reason you got the camera and lens for a favorable price!!

I don't know what to recommend, I've never seen the part you need, sold separately.

Good luck,

bob

Stephane
28-Oct-2010, 13:31
I have one 4x5 sinar metering back. The gg is not original (no grid), so if you dont mind that, could be yours for very descent price. I'll check the post office Saturday and can get back to you if you first show some interest.

snikorts
28-Oct-2010, 13:45
Stephane, I am interested!

Stephane
28-Oct-2010, 14:20
Just email you, but here it goes: 60 euros shipped with tracking (usually it cost me 35 euros this way). If you want the fresnel, 10 euros extra. Open for discussion. Norway is not Europe, so if any issue with customs, I just declare whatever value you want.

Stephane
28-Oct-2010, 14:21
By the way, I found one original sinar gg with clipped corners. I'll swap the blank one for the sinar one.

snikorts
29-Oct-2010, 06:44
great!