PDA

View Full Version : will this take a readily available roll film holder?

gari beet
28-Oct-2010, 04:18
Hi Folks, Could anyone tell me if this will take modern or readily available film holders? Prefer 6x7 but would live with 6x9.
It is advertised as 6X9 technical camera, looks around the same generation as the B or C 5x4s.

Any info gratefully received.

Cheers
Gari

GPS
28-Oct-2010, 04:55
No, as it seems to be made (?) for 6x9 sheet film holders.

gari beet
28-Oct-2010, 05:27
Thanks GPS, I feared so but thought it was worth asking. You dont know if the size for the rear plate is the same on modern cameras by any chance?

Thanks again.
Gari

GPS
28-Oct-2010, 06:31
Thanks GPS, I feared so but thought it was worth asking. You dont know if the size for the rear plate is the same on modern cameras by any chance?

Thanks again.
Gari

ehm, the size of what?:)

gari beet
28-Oct-2010, 06:47
Sorry, is the back the same as newer 6x9 Arcas?

Cheers
Gari

GPS
28-Oct-2010, 07:31
It has rounded corners as the new AS lens board but more than that I cannot say. Someone else will surely tell you. I have experience only with the new AS 6x9 camera. Sorry.

GPS
28-Oct-2010, 07:41
Sorry again, only now I see you asked about any film holders, not specifically RF holder. It was the mention of 6x7 that led me astray. I think you should be able to find older 6x9 sheet film holders. But the film for them, unless you cut it, would be scarce.

Sevo
28-Oct-2010, 08:10
That back does not even look as if it takes Graflex/international 6x9 holders - it looks more like the backs for German sheet metal plate holders.

Gem Singer
28-Oct-2010, 08:24
The caption for this thread asks about readily available roll film holders.

The answer is no, it won't.

Readily available roll film holders utilize Graflok sliders to mount them to a camera back.

The camera in the picture does not have sliders on the back.

GPS
28-Oct-2010, 08:30

However, Cambo makes roll film holders in both 6x7 and 6x9 that slide in like standard film holders that might be possible to use on this camera.

No, they cannot. The Cambo RF holders (even in 6x9 or 6x7 format) are made for a 4x5 back. This camera, as the OP says, is a 6x9 camera.

GPS
28-Oct-2010, 11:36
Hi Folks, Could anyone tell me if this will take modern or readily available film holders? Prefer 6x7 but would live with 6x9.
It is advertised as 6X9 technical camera, looks around the same generation as the B or C 5x4s.

Any info gratefully received.

Cheers
Gari

Gari,
if you go to the LF homepage you can find 4x5 cameras comparative page with an article about the AS -F line 4x5 camera. The old and new lens board should be compatible. I think it is the same for 6x9 models too. In such a case you could use a Horseman 6x9 RF holder on Arca Swiss 6x9 adaptor. The same would be for a 6x7 Horseman RF holder.

Ernest Purdum
28-Oct-2010, 16:11
Replacing a removable view amera back with a modified one from a camera with a "graflok" back is usually not overly difficult to accomplish. It looks like you have a really nice little camera, so the results might well be worth the trouble and expense.

Sascha Welter
29-Oct-2010, 02:12
Try a Rado rollfilm cassette. That's the stuff that old 6x9 Arcas are using. Your back looks a lot different from mine, but I guess a Rado cassette could fit - it "slides in".