PDA

View Full Version : Help identify 8x10 back ...

nicodemus
26-Oct-2010, 21:15
Hello,

Measures 32 cm x 32 cm. There is a bevelled edge on the inside that measures 30 cm x 30 cm. The ground glass is raised above the mounting plate by 3.5 cm.

There are four silver posts, one on each corner, that are drilled and threaded. Each one is 3 cm in height and approx. 1 cm square. 3 similar holes are located near the hinges of the handle.

It appears to have notches and a spring loaded catch that would hold a protective cover for the ground glass.

No name anywhere, but there is a four digit serial number - 0694.

Any info or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JosephBurke
26-Oct-2010, 21:54
Hmmm ! looks kinda Linhof-ish in design to me...I don't have an 8x10 Linhof but it immediately brings Linhof to mind...the quality...design...and that GG marked as it is......I've had a few Linhof 4x5's and well...they look very similar

Peter K
26-Oct-2010, 23:46
It is a Linhof 18x24cm/8x10" back used from the Linhof Bi up to the last 8x10" model.

But it's incomplete, the U-shaped lever with the plate-springs, screws etc and the two small covers are missing. The Linhof crest-plate sits on the protective cover that is also missing. In the left picture one can see the four little hooks to mount a fresnel lens also.