PDA

View Full Version : Arca Swiss F-Line 4x5 with 600mm lens

jeroldharter
23-Oct-2010, 11:30
I have the Arca Swiss F-Line 4x5 field camera with the telescoping bottom rail and 2 sections of 15cm rail (30cm total) on top. so I can easily use my 300 mm lens with this setup and the standard bellows.

I would like the option of using my 450 and 600mm Fujinon lenses with this camera. Currently, I can do so on my 8x10 camera with a reducing back, but I would like to do so with the Arca as well.

The Arca Swiss long bellows is 700mm long so that should work. What length of bottom rail ("Extension Bracket II") should I get? I think the answer is 50 cm but I want to be sure. The next largest size is 80cm which is long and really expensive.

Also, does anyone know the minimum extension with the 70cm bellows? I am wondering what is the shorted lens I could comfortably use with some movement, e.g. 125, 150, or 210.

Peter De Smidt
23-Oct-2010, 11:32
Jeff at Badger Graphics should know, or be able to find out, for you.

Armin Seeholzer
23-Oct-2010, 13:23
I had the long bellows for my Arca F-Line but its some years ago, but it was quite thin the mat. so I think the compressed bellows will be arount 5-6 cm so the 125 could be used with it, but normaly I switched to the normal or wide bellows for shorter then 150mm but thats just me.

Cheers Armin

SCHWARZZEIT
23-Oct-2010, 14:37
What length of bottom rail ("Extension Bracket II") should I get? I think the answer is 50 cm but I want to be sure. The next largest size is 80cm which is long and really expensive.
If you do not intend to do close up work with these long lenses the 50 cm rail will do. It gives you enough extension for the full 70 cm bellows.

Also, does anyone know the minimum extension with the 70cm bellows? I am wondering what is the shorted lens I could comfortably use with some movement, e.g. 125, 150, or 210.
I used the long bellows with the 110mm lens without any compromise in movements on my Arca Swiss M.

-Dominique

David Karp
23-Oct-2010, 14:43
There is an extension rail that screws into the end of one of your rail sections.

Also, you can get a 30cm rail that will fit on top of your bottom section. You can leave a 15 cm section on the two front standards, and then just slide the 30cm section forward when you mount the camera on the tripod. Then just use the 30cm rail and the 15cm rail as you did the two 15cm pieces.

RK_LFteacher
28-Oct-2010, 08:51
[QUOTE=jeroldharter;641486]I have the Arca Swiss F-Line 4x5 field camera with the telescoping bottom rail and 2 sections of 15cm rail (30cm total) on top. so I can easily use my 300 mm lens with this setup and the standard bellows.

I would like the option of using my 450 and 600mm Fujinon lenses with this camera. Currently, I can do so on my 8x10 camera with a reducing back, but I would like to do so with the Arca as well.
Sir,
The long bellows for the Field camera is only 20" or 21" long.(FLD Cam = 4x5 back 6x9 frt frame.) So as is, the 600mm long focus lens is not possible. If you got an intermediate standard and a 6x9 standard or long bellows you could easily use the 600mm. Or a 4x5 front frame and the long bellows for a standard F-line and perhaps a step down board to 110 size boards. This would also work. Photomark in Phoenix has some parts. Ask for Rod.
Rail wise you could get a 30cm bracket and a 30cm or 40cm rail. This works best and is more stable with the long extension required. Also less expensive than 2 plug in extensions.
Rod

RK_LFteacher
28-Oct-2010, 08:57
I have the Arca Swiss F-Line 4x5 field camera with the telescoping bottom rail and 2 sections of 15cm rail (30cm total) on top. so I can easily use my 300 mm lens with this setup and the standard bellows.

The Arca Swiss long bellows is 700mm long so that should work. What length of bottom rail ("Extension Bracket II") should I get? I think the answer is 50 cm but I want to be sure. The next largest size is 80cm which is long and really expensive.

Also The 150mm lens has some movement but not full movement-Tilt ok but not much shift or Rise/fall. On a 141 series somewhat more than 171 series. I carry mine with long bellows installed and use wide angle bellows for 150mm and shorter unless in a rush to catch the light. Then I'll try on the 150mm. 210mm no problem. I use 210mm 60% of the time if not more. But i also shoot 300mm, 450mm, 600mm, 720mm tele.
Hope this helps.
Rod