PDA

View Full Version : Polaroid MP 4 Shutter Retaining Ring?

William Barnett-Lewis
21-Oct-2010, 17:37
I recently acquired a Polaroid MP 4 shutter that I'm planning to front mount an old B&L 5x8 Series IIb Tessar on. It came without a retaining ring so I'll need to scrounge one up.

It's my understanding that the shutter is simply a Polaroid badged Copal Press #1 and that the ring from one would work well. Is this the case? It might simplify the search if it's a standard Copal size.

Thanks!

William

Jon Wilson
21-Oct-2010, 20:08
They are the same...38mm. Or at least my copal press #1 retainer ring is 38mm and is the same size as another of my copal 1 shutters. Jon

LFFB
19-Nov-2010, 21:30
39mm or 38mm? I just put an enlarger lens retaining ring and lock it.

D. Bryant
19-Nov-2010, 23:07
I recently acquired a Polaroid MP 4 shutter that I'm planning to front mount an old B&L 5x8 Series IIb Tessar on. It came without a retaining ring so I'll need to scrounge one up.

It's my understanding that the shutter is simply a Polaroid badged Copal Press #1 and that the ring from one would work well. Is this the case? It might simplify the search if it's a standard Copal size.

Thanks!

William

It should be 39mm LTM, if memory serves me.

Don Bryant

Jon Wilson
20-Nov-2010, 00:30
oops! I was measuring the diameter and not taking into account the added width via the threading. It is 39mm. Here is link for some of the sizes of flanges....
http://www.skgrimes.com/flanges/indexm.htm
Jon